Verifying a vintage Tele

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Guitarzan56, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Guitarzan56

Guitarzan56 TDPRI Member

Here's the deal man, when I'm wrong, I admit it and apologize for getting uppity. it does NOt say 30OCT68B. It says 3OCT68B. Furthermore, I did some more research and you sir are indeed right on the money when you said that the first part of that date date code is the model. 3 being Telecaster.:oops:
    I want to thank you for the education man. I always appreciate learning something new from someone who knows more about a subject than I do. That was clearly the case here. I do tend to be a little lysdexic sometimes and that's what happened here. at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Attached Files:

2. Major Gruber

Major Gruber Tele-Afflicted

Alright, that makes sense, though! :p You don't need to apologize my friend, there's no problem at all. I was really curious about it, wondering why it was so, hoping it wasn't a fake… Imagine a fake stamp performed by somebody that isn't aware that first number is the model… He might think, well, 30th of october, that's a good date :lol: Great guitar, man! Enjoy it! ;)

3. Guitarzan56

Guitarzan56 TDPRI Member

Well, knowing the guy who bought it ne, I knew it wasn't a fake so it wouloda had to be some other anomaly. Anyway, it's all figured out now, Thanks again and again to all to participated.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.