1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Verifying a vintage Tele

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Guitarzan56, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Guitarzan56

Guitarzan56 TDPRI Member

Here's the deal man, when I'm wrong, I admit it and apologize for getting uppity. it does NOt say 30OCT68B. It says 3OCT68B. Furthermore, I did some more research and you sir are indeed right on the money when you said that the first part of that date date code is the model. 3 being Telecaster.:oops:
    I want to thank you for the education man. I always appreciate learning something new from someone who knows more about a subject than I do. That was clearly the case here. I do tend to be a little lysdexic sometimes and that's what happened here. at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Attached Files:

2. Major Gruber

Major Gruber Tele-Afflicted

Alright, that makes sense, though! :p You don't need to apologize my friend, there's no problem at all. I was really curious about it, wondering why it was so, hoping it wasn't a fake… Imagine a fake stamp performed by somebody that isn't aware that first number is the model… He might think, well, 30th of october, that's a good date :lol: Great guitar, man! Enjoy it! ;)

3. Guitarzan56

Guitarzan56 TDPRI Member

Well, knowing the guy who bought it ne, I knew it wasn't a fake so it wouloda had to be some other anomaly. Anyway, it's all figured out now, Thanks again and again to all to participated.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.