Venting - Thank you

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TMMC, Dec 6, 2017.

1. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Sucks but if you have kids stay civil with her. Also, go see every good divorce lawyer in town at least once, that way they can't take her case.

Once that's done do it as fast as you can before her divorced friends get her all riled up.

2. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Further to the post above, when I was heading down a similar path years ago, I found massive difference between different lawyers and just as big a difference between counsellors.. if you're not happy with what your hearing, look elsewhere..

3. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Holic

Well said richiek65. I can't stress that fact enough. Lawyers vary wildly in their opinions of the law. It's a sad fact. I went through the lawyers, each with opinions all over the spectrum. I would also do research about divorce law in your state and read as much as you can before booking an appointment with a lawyer.
    It's an incredibly difficult situation to go through, especially at this time of year. Stay strong! You will come out the other end....hopefully a stronger person. That's what I am trying to do.

4. gtrjunior

gtrjunior Tele-Holic

So sorry. But as already mentioned ....
    protect yourself legally.

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Hate to say it, but it is true.

The party who spends the most money, the most effectively, especially early in the process, on legal counsel, comes out on top 95% of the time. At least from an accountant's perspective. Under-represented people did poorly and those without counsel altogether, did the worst of all. Except for a few nutcase "Pro Se" litigants who terrorized even the judge; that won't be you.

I reluctantly handled some of these, because I already represented that party in another matter. Just about the worst kind of "legal work" I had to do. And adoptions were the best. I loved doing those; just about did those for free.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    william tele and homesick345 like this.
  6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I wish I could say, this is just an anecdote. But it isn't.

I've personally seen this happen too often. The man or woman that got shafted would be sitting in my office. Sometimes they were the shaft-er. I was basically the first person they had opened up to, about it. This is not a myth. Sometimes they exaggerated; but sometimes they were the "bad guy" and essentially confessed to having done this to their soon to be ex. There's fire here, not just smoke. From a rational standpoint, the advantages of a "private settlement" are small, and the disadvantages are great. Courts of law get upset with the claimant who tells this narrative - the hostility of the Court is palpable. Few things frustrate a trial judge more than "information" he is bound by law, to discard and ignore.

P Thought and Doghouse_Riley like this.
  7. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

My sweetie of 25 years and I split up earlier this year at her request. She got burned out on being my care taker and I didn't follow through on some promises I'd made. We remain friends, but it's really different. No kids involved. There's an empty space in my life. I can't say I'd want her back, but not having a partner at this point in my life isn't what I was expecting or really know how to deal with.

Breakups are never easy and there are a million emotions that change from day to day. Be civil, be kind, but disengage. If it's a split, make it a total split. No matter how much it hurts.

8. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Paul, I sure have a feeling there's another soul-mate in the cards for you. In fact I know it. Keep your eyes open...:)

9. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Friend of Leo's

Venting is the human analogy of pressure cooking, ie: you gotta let the steam out/off slowly, or things can blow up.

10. donut remover

donut remover NEW MEMBER!

i'm really sorry to hear your news, god speed to your healing process. i have been in your situation before as a child of divorce and also having suffered a serious breakup, and i know one thing; one can only feel that kind of pain once in your life. at least that was true for me, i seemed to have grown some bark over those wounds now though. it taught me alot about life.

william tele likes this.
  11. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Thank you. That means a lot to me.

william tele likes this.
  12. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

El Tele Lobo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.