1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Variable / switchable slope resistor?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by zizyphus, Nov 2, 2020.

1. zizyphus

zizyphus TDPRI Member

Hey all!

I have a heavily hotrodded Blues Junior, and one of my mods was to swap the 100k slope resistor for 50k to fatten up the midrange. I love what it did to the tone, but I'm thinking of either making the slope resistors variable, or installing a switch to allow me to flip between different resistor values. Do any of you know where I could get a part that would allow me to do so?

The reason I ask is that the switch / pot would see a lot of DC voltage, and I don't think a standard pot would be able to handle it. Also, I've seen plenty of DPDT switches that are rated for, say, 10a / 125v, but the plate voltage is well above that, so I don't know how reliable those switches would be. Am I completely wrong about this?

thanks in advance!

2. J-Flanders

J-Flanders Tele-Meister

How about circumventing the problem by putting an extra coupling/DC blocking cap before the tone stack?

Paul G. and Lowerleftcoast like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.