Vaping: It's Hard to Quit

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Octorfunk, Mar 8, 2018.

1. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Whenever I'm driving down the road and see someone vaping in their car, my first thought is that either their car is on fire or they blew a radiator hose.

Smiff likes this.
  2. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

It was a discernible thin film on the windows. This was four twenty somethings on a 2000 mile round trip road trip.

Smiff likes this.
  3. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

I quit smoking this past new years, , just decided to stop. smoked a 20 pack/day for the past 20 years. Also got a vape unit last year thinking i could switch from analog cigs to digital ones, but frankly didn't like the taste or coughing fit i would get from it, even with the lowest nicotine liquid mixed with flavored liquid. I doubt i've taken more than 20 puffs with this thing

So I quit cold turkey, and every time I had an urge for a cig I would go read the quit smoking timeline health benefits, which kept convincing me I was on the right path

quit_smoking_infographic.png quit smoking 2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Tapatio and Alamo like this.
  4. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

I smoked 1.5 to 2 packs a day from 2004 til 2012.

Haven't smoked since July of 2012. Never going back. Nicotine is one of many ways people are routinely exploited. Not okay.

Alcohol and nicotine are both incredibly addictive and have no health benefits when used daily/ritualistically. It's weird how those are the ones people seem to do the most. Almost like it was designed that way.....

I also haven't drank any alcohol in years.

Jim Dep likes this.
  5. Iconocaster

Iconocaster TDPRI Member

I've never been in danger of becoming dependent on beer or booze. I don't have tolerance for it. If I drink to the point of getting a buzz, feeling lousy and nodding off comes along with the buzz. I don't know if I'm unique or what but I've never talked to anyone with this condition. Occasionally, I'll use brandy to help me sleep. I don't know if it's in my head or what but brandy is the one drink that doesn't seem to make me ill or give me a headache. My job creates stress and man, one drink and I'm relaxed and thinking "screw that job"!

6. Octorfunk

Octorfunk Tele-Meister

I agree completely. When I said it was hard to stop, I guess I should have said that I quit cold turkey 1 week ago and haven't had so much as a sniff of it since. Had to just throw it all in the garbage or I knew I'd go back to it. It's funny though, because once I started vaping I lost all desire to smoke actual tobacco products, because they just seem to filthy compared to vaping. But now that I'm off vaping, I keep thinking about how nice it would be to have a cigarette lol. Ah, addiction.

Alamo likes this.
  7. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I told my sad tale in post #79 above.......from 100 a day to zero in 1 second when a medico told me to go home and get a will made!!!!!!!! Hell I was 32. All that aside, I did give up in one second and never had another, it can be done whether by will power or sheer terror as in my case. Not long ago here in OZ I saw a current affairs type program on the national TV broadcaster about the additives that are put into tobacco to make it burn at a certain rate, and flavour, and what consistency the ash should take, all sorts of parameters. Some of the added chemicals consisted of drain cleaner as well as other poisonous substances, some of which I now believe are addictive purposefully just to keep you smoking. These thieving Bar-Stewards do this on purpose just to keep you smoking and die earlier than you should. Governments turn a blind eye to this because of the huge amount of taxes they impose on tobacco/cigarettes without which the country's economy would be on shaky ground.

Here in OZ the idiots in charge of the asylum see something like smoking or soft drinks loaded with sugar etc (soda pop for you blokes) and tax the cr@p out of it "to reduce it's consumption!"

Don't encourage 'em give up the dreaded killer weed today.......and do not vape...........they'll be taxing that rubbish as well as the manufacturers loading that with addictive rubbish as well!!!! You can bet you're boots!

Have a look here! http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/whatsinit.htm

DC (about 38 years nicotine free) :mad:

Alamo likes this.
  8. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Yup, there was a big lawsuit over here in North America where it was discovered that one of the tobacco giants were spraying down the tobacco leaves with nicotine to make the cigarettes more addictive. They also handed out free cigarettes at kids events and other evil activities. I’m not sure what the result was. Probably a slap on the wrist but it convinced me of the evils of that industry.

Alamo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.