1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Valvetrain Amps Concord

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by shokunin_84, Feb 27, 2021.

1. shokunin_84

shokunin_84 TDPRI Member

Hi all, I’m considering purchasing a Valvetrain Concord to pair with my Franklyn Amps Tweed Vibrolux and I’m curious if anyone has played one of these little guys? I’m also looking into the Lexington. Anybody played or owned one of these? Any opinions on Valvetrain in general? Much appreciated!

2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Hmmm, I have a Sound City Concord 80 but this ain’t that!

3. shokunin_84

shokunin_84 TDPRI Member

Definitely a different animal, for sure!

4. CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch Tele-Meister

I have a Valvetrain tweed Champ clone, so probably a lot of DNA in common with a Concord, and by gum, it sounds like a tweed Champ. If I could add "Treble", "Bass", and a 12", I bet it would sound pretty good.

5. shokunin_84

shokunin_84 TDPRI Member

Well I purchased one from the Valvetrain Amps Reverb store after chatting with Rick at Valvetrain. I was also looking at the Lexington and he suggested the concord as I already have a tweed vibrolux and the concord is made to cop a blackface tone and would complement the Vibrolux nicely.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.