Vacuum Tubes Inc?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by NTC, Jun 18, 2021.

1. NTC

NTC Tele-Holic

Has anyone here bought tubes or parts from Vacuum Tubes Inc? If so, were they ok to deal with?

2. sds1

sds1 Tele-Afflicted

They are local to me, I've never been in there but I know other that have, never heard anything bad. Been around a while, has a retail storefront...

King Fan likes this.
  3. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

vhilts1 likes this.
  4. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

I will always caution anyone from putting much faith in reviews by google, BBB, etc. as they are all manipulated and if you are willing to write the check, you get great reviews.

I still remember when I first opened my business 14 years ago and got a call from the BBB. I was told that it would cost me $1,500 to become a member and if I did, they would recommend me. If I didn't pay the fee, they would not only state that I was not a member, but that I was not a trust-worthy business and should be avoided. It just came down to a check.

Online reviews also come down to how good you are at SEO. Like most, you need to write a large check monthly (tens of thousands in some cases) to rank first page of internet searches and be represented on all the various search engines / sites. Don't pay the money....nobody will ever find your company. Even worse, groups like google will destroy your reputation if you do not pony up some money directly. They might remove you from the top searches because you were found to be a home business location or alter your service area from 15 miles to 15 blocks in hopes you don't find out. Competition will post negative reviews about your business acting as a customer as well. There is just nothing honest about internet reviews.

All that ranting aside, ebay feedback should always be at nearly 100% if the seller is legit. You will always have some buyers that are idiots and lash out in feedback just to be jerks, but anything less than 99% I will not do business with. This seller has good listings, clean professional photos, detailed descriptions, and a very wide assortment of tubes. To me, they sound like a very good person to do business with.

Give them a shot...that is my position.

vhilts1 likes this.
  5. NTC

NTC Tele-Holic

The reason I ask is that they have some stuff that is odd - old radio tubes and sockets, 20's and 30's style. I have a few 4 and 6 pin tubes and need sockets just to test them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.