V-MOD Pickups 2018 Telecaster

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by superjam144, Jan 19, 2020.

1. superjam144

superjam144 TDPRI Member

Anyone try the V-MOD pickups yet? I recently purchased a used 2018 American Telecaster and am a little disappointed. The bridge pickup is great but the neck is muted and quiet in comparison. I've fiddled back and forth with pickup heights and ultimately had to set it to Fender Specs and jack up the neck pickup to match the volume with the bridge.

It just drives me nuts because my late 90s American Standard really bled and sustained a whole lot better than this new model... Anyone know anything about the pickups they used in the late 90s Americans? They sound juicy... The neck is muddy, and the bridge is twangy, yet both are loud and really sustain well.

Should I replace the pickups or give em' a couple months? Best way I can describe it is falling flat, or dry, compared to my older model American.

Why do they always have to try and fix what isn't broke? It's killing me to have a beautiful guitar, the nicest and most expensive I have ever owned, all set up the way I like the action and the pickups are dry as stale bread.

Thanks,
    SJ144

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.