USPS VS UPS

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ce24, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

I'll gladly subsidize if it saves me $70 for a small package. Spread over 300 million+ people it's not a bad deal.

2. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

For the record, USPS does not receive any taxpayer money. It was removed from the system by Nixon and has been allowed to operate as a private business to fund operations. They have been profitable for years except for one thing...Congress makes them fully fund retirement for all employees even though very few will ever actually retire. They are the only government entity forced to do that and I have no idea why. If they were allowed to fund the retirement like other agencies do, USPS would be doing really well profit-wise.

It remains a Federal agency because it is specifically spelled out in the US Constitution to be one of the duties of the Federal government, but it operates as a private corporation with Congress over-sight.

Blrfl and ce24 like this.
  3. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

It takes USPS 6 days to move a package ~300 miles and not leave the state of California? Destination is Nebraska. Original estimated delivery date was 4/29/2019 (today). I'm not holding my breath.

Screenshot_.jpg

4. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

My local USPO will accept and hold UPS or FedEx shipments for me since I pay for a box there. Good setup. I've found that shipping small things, USPS way cheaper, and larger/heavier, UPS gets the nod. I've been selling a dozen or so things on Reverb and haven't had too much problem with either one.

5. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

Just send your Packages to Me,,, I'll get them there,,,,,,eventually:twisted:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.