1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Using BBE Supa Charger to power Strymon Flint

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Ragged Tweed, May 22, 2017.

1. Ragged Tweed

Ragged Tweed TDPRI Member

I have a BBE Supa Charger power supply. Outlets 1-4 and 7-8 put out 100mA. Outlets 5 and 6 only put out 200mA but the Strymon Flint requires 250 mA.

Is it safe to power the Strymon pedal (250mA) by using a Y-cable to combine outlet 5 (200mA) with outlet 4 (100mA)? From what I've researched, I think this is possible with a current doubler cable such as this:

http://www.voodoolab.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22_24_33

It seems more logical or "symmetrical" to combine outlets 5 and 6 since they have the same output, but I'd like to keep my Boss DD-20 (200mA) on one of those outlets. And I'd really like to avoid buying a new power supply!

Can anyone confirm that this would be okay to do?

2. Ragged Tweed

Ragged Tweed TDPRI Member

3. Mark*123

Mark*123 TDPRI Member

Yes that's what they are for. Y-cable (parallel): add up the mA. Just use 100 + 200 (voltage for both outputs set to 9). Have you tried just using the 200 output? Might work, worth trying. You won't ruin it.
    Series cable: add up the volts.

Ragged Tweed likes this.
  4. Mistercharlie

Mistercharlie Tele-Holic

I use one of those adapters, plus another to reverse the cable to center-positive, to power an Eventide H9 from a SupaCharger. Works great.

Ragged Tweed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.