using a buffer ?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by chemobrainkid, Oct 19, 2016.

1. chemobrainkid

chemobrainkid Tele-Meister

if I use a buffer that converts the high impedence of my guitar to a low impedance signal do I need to use a low impedance volume pedal future down the chain? 3 cat cube.jpg

chemobrain likes this.
  2. Redvers

Redvers Tele-Meister

I don't know for sure but I think this would be more of an issue if you weren't using a buffer.

3. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

No, you don't. The Low impedance pedals are for keyboard players and other line level applications, like control voltage for expression (even though high impedance pedals will often work there too). A high impedance volume pedal is no different than any other pedal, which also have high input impedance.

That is, you don't have to, but you can. It will work with the low output impedance, but the disadvantage is that it won't also work with a high impedance signal, then you're buying another volume pedal. If you only want to buy one, get the high impedance one.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    chemobrain likes this.
  4. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

Thank you for the clarity of your answer and taking the time to answer the question.
    I recently started using a buffer. I was stunned I was amazed,.I fell to the floor weak at the knees.
    I got up and immediately asked the same quest;" high or low volume pedal?" Now I know, I have a high impedance volume pedal (Boss) and now I can proceed free from the fear of blowing up my humble rig.

5. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

I love this image ! ++ Good!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.