1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Useful range of metronome settings?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by matrix, Apr 14, 2021.

1. matrix

matrix Tele-Meister

I have noticed that when I work stuff up with a metronome, I usually use settings in the range of 50 to 100 bpm. When I get something up to 100 bpm and I want to go faster, I drop the metronome down to something in the 50s again, and work with half the number of clicks per bar.

This is a habit I have fallen into, based mainly on finding it hard to hear and process if I am crisply on the click (or smoothly ahead/behind, wherever I want to sit) at the higher tempos.

Curious to hear if anyone has strong opinions on the value of working with higher metronome settings?

2. Mark the Moose

Mark the Moose Tele-Afflicted

I’m a 60 to 160 guy. I’m careful about cutting the beat in half because I don’t want to subconsciously over-emphasize beats 1&3.

3. jaxjaxon

jaxjaxon Tele-Meister

use two metronome's set one at half and the other twice that and get 2/2 beat, or set one at speed and the other at 1/3 that and have 3/3. I will only use it to go fast if I am trying to work on my lead playing speed.

4. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.