Used prices for Teles?

dean

Friend of Leo's
I’ve been away from the used market for quite awhile after buying my first-ever new Tele - a 50s Vintera in Sonic Blue. I spotted what looks like a 2014 Players Tele in Butterscotch Blonde that feels like it weighs in around 7 lbs or less. It’s in excellent, unmarked condition (sadly, no pics). I’m just wondering what a typical deal, a good deal, and a great deal might be for such a guitar? Thanks!

EZMFE

Tele-Meister
I'd consider good price in the 400s range but I think they go for 5 bills or higher used around here (Denver).

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
I’ve been away from the used market for quite awhile after buying my first-ever new Tele - a 50s Vintera in Sonic Blue. I spotted what looks like a 2014 Players Tele in Butterscotch Blonde that feels like it weighs in around 7 lbs or less. It’s in excellent, unmarked condition (sadly, no pics). I’m just wondering what a typical deal, a good deal, and a great deal might be for such a guitar? Thanks!

Kinda hard to say. These days, people ask a lot and likely sell for much less if they are serious about selling. Bottom line is, if you LIKE it - not whether you get the best deal or not.

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
I'd say reasonable on vintera in excellent condition is $650, decent is $550-$600 and great is $400-$450...it seems like all the prices are about $100 over what I seem to remember from a year or two ago

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
I'd say reasonable on vintera in excellent condition is $650, decent is $550-$600 and great is $400-$450...it seems like all the prices are about $100 over what I seem to remember from a year or two ago

Also important to consider if it comes with a good case - at least it is important to me.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
I'd consider good price in the 400s range but I think they go for 5 bills or higher used around here (Denver).

2018 or earlier price. If undamaged/unmodified they're most like going to be $600 or probably more for an ash Tele given the lack of new ash models and high inflation. If you do see one selling for under $500 it will be a steal that you should snap up right away.