Used Peavey Vypyr

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by preactor, Jul 30, 2021.

1. preactor

preactor Tele-Holic

Picked up a used Peavey Vypyr 30 yesterday. I have given up on older Fender Mustangs due to the lack of support by Fender. So great to NOT have to use a computer to change amp settings. I was intending on flipping her but that Vypyr can really nail a wonderful country tone. A quick picture and back to playing. 20210729_123508.jpg

brookdalebill likes this.
  2. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats. Cool amps. I've had a couple of these that I picked up used. Actually a very nice sounding amp with a lot of features and a ton of various tones.

I wound up selling one and giving the other to my nephew. Although the amp had way too many features for my needs, I never understood why these amps didn't take off better.

preactor likes this.
  3. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

The one thing that Peavey did get right is they could get that clean country tone out of most of their amps.

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool, glad to hear you like it!
    I’m a Roland (COSM) Cube devotee, but I’m curious about the Vyper series.
    I’ve considered a few of the higher power models.
    I play clean mostly, with “clean” effects (delay, reverb, tremolo, chorus, phase).
    I’m lookin’.

preactor likes this.
  5. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I got the 20-watt version as a part of a package deal, but have hardly used it. Like Brookdale Bill, my usual amp is a Roland Cube, or my Roland Street battery amp.

My problem with it is remembering what all the knobs do and how they interact with the buttons. I was playing some southern gospel in a church one Sunday night and inadvertently turned on the phaser for a short solo, which garnered a lot of puzzled and anguished looks from my bandmates and the audience.

preactor likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.