USB charging station ideas?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gtroates, Jun 1, 2020.

1. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Holic

My wife and I have a little end table covered in usb charging cords and power strips, I want to tidy it up into a less cluttered area as we now have two dogs that climb onto couch arms and snag cords for fun. Does anyone have a USB power station suggestion? I have seen some with dividers that hold phones and iPads upright. We will be charging two iPhones, two iPads, one Nook, and two Apple watches. Any ideas?

2. Peegoo

Peegoo Friend of Leo's

That's how I do it. The USB strip is on the floor, and I made a little rack to hold the connectors; I attached it to the edge of the end table. The cables retract (gravity) and the connectors sit in the rack when unused.

Super easy to make and no more tangled cables because they're out of sight when not in use.

This is the idea. You can buy 'em if you don't want to make one; it's called a USB Cable Organizer:

[​IMG]

gtroates and telestratosonic like this.
  3. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

First, I grabbed one of these do-dads from the bullseye store:

upload_2020-6-1_18-46-48.jpeg
    Next, I Velcroed a usb strip like the one above, but a bit smaller, to the back. I drilled holes to route the charging cables to reach in each bay/slot. Big enough for a few phones and a couple of iPads plus a kindle fire. Nice and neat on the counter.

gtroates and telestratosonic like this.
  4. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

I like that

Peegoo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.