USA CG update

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Larkins, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Larkins

Larkins Tele-Meister

May be old news but I couldn’t find the post...
    Looks like MJT guitars has purchased USACG and will be moving operations to Missouri.

eallen, bender66 and PeterUK like this.
  2. Derek Kiernan

Derek Kiernan Friend of Leo's

Any idea what part is actually being transferred? The owner was selling the business out from underneath the workers, so I'd be very surprised if any of the workers are involved. I'd even be surprised if that's where the CNC machines went.

3. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Meister

MJT posted a message on their FaceBoob page about this. They'll be moving all the USACG machinery to the midwest and restarting the business. Mark runs a good company; I think this will raise the bar for everyone in the business, including Warmoth and Musicraft.

Fretting out likes this.
  4. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

the equipment was sold at auction... It's entirely possible that Mark scooped it all up .. it doesn't matter... remember,, back in the 80's a consortium was formed that purchased Fender from CBS.... all that actually transferred was intellectual property... practically no inventory, machinery, buildings, or property was included... Yet today few fail to find today's Fenders hugely superior to what CBS was cranking out in '84..

Personally, I'm looking forward optimistically to what Mark will be bringing to the "table"..

rk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.