1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Uruguay

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by Marcelo R, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

From folklore music to rock music, Uruguay has a long tradition of guitar playing. So, I think the country has to be present here, and I extend the invitation to my countrymen and countrywomen to joining the club. Greetings to everybody from Uruguay!

Desde la música folklórica hasta el rock, Uruguay tiene una larga tradición de guitarristas. Por lo tanto, creo que el país tiene que estar presente aquí; y extiendo la invitación a mis compatriotas para unirse al club. ¡Saludos para todos desde Uruguay!

Attached Files:

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  2. Berzerk

Berzerk TDPRI Member

Invitation accepted!

Are we the only two uruguayans in this forum?

Seremos solo nosotros dos los uruguayos en el foro?

3. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

Does Paraguay count? I don't live there anymore but I used to:D!

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  4. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Bienvenidos a Ustedes!

Mi mujer es Argentina ........ not sure if that makes me more or less popular in Uruguay! :oops:

I ride horses and play guitar ... so it sounds like I'm qualified to be Uruguayo! :D

5. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

¡Bienvenidos!

Bienvenid@s, por supuesto, tod@s l@s herman@s sudamerican@s.

Of course, you are all welcome, brothers and sisters from South America!

6. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

Well, sure you're qualified, you could even become a "gaucho" :D

Attached Files:

7. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

Let's say Paraguay is close enough :) Welcome!

8. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

¡Seguro que no! Debe haber un@s cuant@s más por ahí ;)

Surely not! There must be many others out there! ;)

9. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Ola from Oz. marcelo.. todo bem...

I know more Brasllians these days... I have friends in Porto Alegro... not far from you... and they often go through Uruguay to get to BA to fly home...

I might pass through some day as well..:)

10. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

The young man I made a guitar for 10 years ago now works with me on almost all builds. He's Uruguayan and proud of it. He's becoming quite adept at certain aspects of guitar building. Does he qualify?

11. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

You'll be very welcome! Thanks for the reply.

12. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

Sure he does! ;) Thanks for the reply.

13. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Afflicted

That "todo bem" is "portañol": half Portuguese and half Spanish. Personally, I think we should have dedicated threads in Portuguese ("tudo bem") and Spanish ("todo bien") to diversify TDPRI's outreach, but that's just me.

Marcelo: saludos desde EE.UU. Espero que sigas realizando suerte en éste foro y en tocando tu guitarra. ¿Quizás sería buena idea comenzar un foro donde todos que deseen pudieran comunicarse en el castellano?

Marcelo R and trev333 like this.
  14. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

hi rickman, probably my spelling, I'd never learned either language before going to sth Am... had to pick them both up along the way...

I've only ever heard Brazilians use tudo bem as a greeting/response, usually with that finger snap thing they do...;)

Spanish was more Ola as a greeting...:)

Marcelo R likes this.
  15. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Afflicted

Hi Trev:

Spanish is my native language. English my second. Portuguese is my 3rd. I picked it up as a teenager playing soccer on a team where I was the only non-Brasilian (nao brasileiro).

It is fairly common for Brasilians and their Spanish speaking neighbors to borrow from each other's languages. That has come to be referred to as "Portañol" - essentially half Portuguese and half Español. Similarly, in parts of the U.S. with large hispanic populations, you'll hear what has come to be known as "Spanglish" - a mixture of English and Spanish where both are mercilessly bastardized. The funny thing is how those living in those areas have no problem understanding each other.

Spanish and Portuguese - just like English - have all sorts of regional nuances, tendencies, accents and even words. Folks from the Baia region of Brasil I can understand fine. Folks from the continent give me fits. They like to kid around that Brasilians speak "Brasileiro," not Portuguese. Ask someone in Portugal for "abacaxi" (a pineapple) and they'll oftentimes have no clue what language you're speaking. Ask a Spanish speaker outside of Mexico for "huachinango" (snapper) and they'll likewise be clueless.

Kiwis remind me to say "kia ora" and not "G'day." A former colleague, who was from Brisbane worked hard to persuade me otherwise.

There's a beauty to all of this. We all learn from speaking to each other. Personally, I think it is pretty cool that forums like this allow folks from all over the world to communicate - even if "Big Brother" is watching.

Marcelo R and trev333 like this.
  16. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

Hola, estimado. Es una buena idea. Veremos de llevarla a cabo en algún momento, tal vez haya que solicitar previamente una autorización de los administradores.

Saludos muy cordiales desde Montevideo, Uruguay.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.