Uriah Heep!

dukewellington

Tele-Meister
I love Magician’s Birthday, Salisbury, and Demons and Wizards. Huge, soaring vocals, guitars and organ. Awesome songs and very heavy!

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Hey, @Texicaster , do you remember the record albums put out by KGB radio each year of the top local bands called, “Homegrown”? I wore my collection out before recording them on cassette.:oops:

rghill

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I bought a pile of vinyl records from a guy in a parking lot in 1978. There were quite a few Uriah Heep albums in the boxes. I spent the rest of the summer with those records spinning on my turntable.

Fast forward to now, the vinyls are gone, but I found all of those albums on Amazon Prime and have quite a few Uriah Heep albums on my playlist.

Cesspit

Tele-Holic
My first ever live show. Saw them (1971?) Edmonton, London at the Sundown. They were supporting Three Dog Night. Heep were amazing, everyone on their feet bopping to the high paced rock. I loved it. 3DN however didn't go down so well, we were all to hyped up by the time they came on and their laid back, close harmony songs just didn't suit the mood generated by Heep. I shall never forget that night. Had all the albums back then as well.
Happy days.

Blister

Tele-Meister
¡Bueno!™

Uriah Heep San Diego 1974 was the first concert I bought tickets for! being only 13-14 yo and 50 miles away from the venue I had to talk my bro in law to take us. He got sick at the last minute and we couldn't go!

I just discovered it was a widely bootlegged show King Biscuit Flower Hour FM broadcast! Danged I missed both live AND the radio broadcast!

Memories!!

rxmoore

TDPRI Member
Wow, I thought it was just me.

I was a big Heep fan in the 70s and saw the classic lineup before David Byron's tragic descent into the bottle. They were outstanding but clearly, to me at least, a product of their time. I don't listen to anything they've done since then.

July Morning and Circle of Hands from the 1973 live album remain on my active playlist today. Ken Hensley was a brilliant songwriter and keyboardist and that band was as tight as any I've ever seen with the exception of the E Street Band.

Great memories!

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Other than the first show I saw them in with Long John Baldry (dont try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll) dude,
I saw them at Winterland in San Francisco with Manfred Mans Earth Band opening.