UPS rant

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bricksnbeatles, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I am glad you finally got your gear OK, and I hope your gig goes better than the UPS delivery system has being going for you. Just a teeny, weeny hint. Maybe when you're planing a BIG gig, you could have the equipment on hand to pull it off before you set up the gig.

2. kennl

kennl Tele-Afflicted

I had a different experience. Ordered a Kinman Tele bridge pickup.
    It took 3 days for the bank to clear the funds through PayPal and convert to Australian currency. Order confirmed and shipped same day. TWO DAYS later, I get an email from Fed Ex asking if someone would be home to sign for the parcel. I called them to arrange pickup at the Fed Ex airport terminal (5 minutes away) and had the pickup installed the evening.

3. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

How do you know, he didnt know you were there?
    Maybe he was messing with you. Maybe he was told not to ring the bell.
    Is your Mom Lana Turner?
    I would think UPS people are well tuned to know if
    someone is home or not. Being human, they get bored and mess with
    people. Thats what I would do.

4. Toto'sDad

I suppose any jackin' around I get in life I have coming. A long, time ago in a... Oh I forgot, this is the TDPRI, not, uh, anyway. I worked for an appliance company and we were delivering a nice washer and dryer to a family clear out in Lost Hills Ca, and it is lost brother, ain't much around.

When we get on the rural road where the delivery address was we see the whole family standing out by the road, my pardner who is driving says, quick look on the other side of the road. There weren't even houses on that side, we just kept right on driving as if we were looking out in the vacant field for the address. Now mind you we made three passes before we actually stopped and delivered. I think if we'd made one more, the old man would have got his shotgun and took a shot at us, witch we would have richly deserved.

It wasn't my idea, and I grew out of that sort of thing not long after, but I gotta admit it was funny as hell at the time.

5. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, but if he did know I was there, how would he know I knew he was there. I saw him walking back to the truck, went to get the package and it wasn't there and there was a new note, so I ran after the truck and got it when he stopped 4 houses over. If he really gets his kicks from messing with people like that then he's just a real a**hat. As for why I didn't ask him about it, I really don't know! I should have but hindsight is 20/20.

6. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I've never heard of UPS requiring a signature. Every place I've ever lived, they've always just left the package on the porch. They never knock.

7. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

While the squeaky wheel may get the grease. That squeaky wheel also risks having his stuff not reach him again. Return to sender notices a day the like.

In my experience living in a small town and needing to have everything curriered to myself 2 day shipping basically never happens. Services are really ordinary record numbers of parcel shipments. Get over it. Take it out on amazon and get the extra scrilla back from them.

8. Boyd

Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Sorry, I stopped reading your OP at this point. Geez, hit the return key every now and then. 20 lines of ranting in a single paragraph is just too much for me.

9. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

The return key on my keyboard is broken lol. I noticed that tho. It's all fixed now, contact cleaner.

10. 974gt

974gt Tele-Meister

i read some it. i think life will be cool if you can find some drugs or something….dont have UPS deliver them. OK?

11. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Don't shoot the messenger

12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Mostly Oil Wells, tumbleweeds and tarantulas and stuff like that. Dust.

One of the better quality roads nearby, West of the Aqueduct is called Brown Material Road.

:)

I leave it to the imagination of the reader, why it is called that.

But it sure is wide open out there - and that's why we fly model airplanes over there.

13. Toto'sDad

The beauty of the central valley of California isn't always readily detectable to the untrained eye.

Attached Files:

14. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

Just thought I would chime in here.

Was sitting in the living room and saw UPS stop at the house next to mine #110 to deliver a package. Started to get excited as I am awaiting some maple veneer for a build. Waited, waited and waited to here the door bell ring.
    Nothing.
    Stated to give up and about ten minutes later there was a knock on my door. Expecting to see the UPS driver I opened the door only to see my neighbor. She says, "I was just getting ready to leave and there are like four big boxes of stuff in front of my door, but they have your name on them."
    I explained that I was waiting for some wood veneer and wondered why he did not deliver them to my house. Checked the address, yes list the #112 on it and my house and the neighbors houses both have large stone markers on the houses denoting the number. My neighbor said well at least it wasn't jewelry like last time when the neighbor at 116 had his wife's Christmas present dropped off at 114 instead.

I guess our UPS guy can't read.

15. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

Sometimes ya gotta put yourself in the other guys shoes.

16. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

17. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

^ I hadn't heard of her till JD talked about her. Looks like she would be a lot of fun to share a stage with.
    I thought that song fit this thread.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.