UPS Pulls Ahead of Fedex For Ineptness!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, May 22, 2020.

1. staxman

staxman Tele-Holic

No, actually you're the first one who has said that to me.

getbent and Torren61 like this.
  2. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

Is this the first small package delivery bashing thread you've been involved in? It's basically a pitch fork and torch scenario and if you defend the workers or the industry, you get branded as a witch. Sorry man, but I had to.

3. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Ordered a laptop from Dell 3 weeks ago - FedEx lost the package. Dell sales rep said "It happens all the time."
    Shipped a laptop 2 weeks ago - UPS lost the package. UPS rep said, "Well, you shipped it on a Friday."

televillian likes this.
  4. Verne Bunsen

Verne Bunsen Tele-Afflicted

Same package was once again “Out for Delivery” yesterday, that’s four days in a row, never showed and now is scheduled for delivery next Tuesday. “C U Next Tuesday!” I said!

5. tubegeek

tubegeek Tele-Afflicted

If that ever happened to me, it would always be on my mind.

6. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

For years, my neighborhood had a postal carrier named Why Yang (not a joke, that was his name). He was excellent. Then he retired and we became an auxiliary route, and mail delivery has become a complete joke. We now have what everyone calls "No Mail Mondays", because no one gets mail on Monday- ever. I ordered something that was scheduled to be delivered this past Monday, it didn't arrive, and the tracking showed that it was "held at post office by customer request". I didn't get any sort of delivery slip telling me my stuff was at the post office of course, because the carrier hadn't been within miles of my house.

7. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Well, for me, USPS is still in the lead with no one even close. Ten months and still no sign of the Two Notes Torpedo Studio I sold on Reverb for $1,000 (which I refunded). Tracking number? Yeah, uh... we can't find it and, apparently, tracking numbers don't mean much when one of their own loses/heists/smashes your package. Tracking number indicates it was received here, then put on the truck to the next destination. Those two actions are diligently tracked. But it never was scanned as received at the next stop. Wait! I have an idea. Why not bring in the driver and ask him what the hell happened to my 22"X12"X6" box that housed the $1000 item? Don't know? Okay, go home without pay and when you find it, you can come back to work to start earning money again.

8. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

I wonder what the delivery times where like during other pandemic disasters.

KW1977 and Torren61 like this.
  9. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

I guarantee those were stolen from the truck, either by the driver, or another driver.

10. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

MUCH faster

11. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

My Les Paul Standard was knocked off its stand at a gig and cracked the neck. This guitar meant a lot to me as I gigged it heavily over a six year period. I shipped it to Dan Erlewine for repair in Ohio. After a miscommunication I learned that the shop was closed for about a week when the delivery was expected. I asked UPS to hold the guitar and deliver once the shop reopened. When it came time to deliver, the guitar was nowhere to be found. I had to document and prove how much I had invested in the guitar which wasn't easy since it was a CL purchase but after some documentation they came through and sent me a check. The package was insured. I think what happened is some UPS employee in Ohio saw the Gibson name on the box and knew it could be an expensive item and stole it.
    I don't blame the corporation itself; all large companies have some rotten employees. I really miss that guitar but at least I broke even financially.

12. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I see what you did there..........over and over and over and over and over.....:D

13. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

This week I have received two small Amazon orders that were shipped from the UK in mid-March. It's taken the joint efforts of the Royal Post and USPS to stretch a one-week expected wait to two months. At least they came.

I've got four packages out for delivery today via USPS. One has arrived.

14. David Barnett

Aargh, post office changed one of my packages from "Out For Delivery" to "Available for Pick Up" without attempting to deliver it. Which means I can't get it 'til Tuesday. Bastards.

15. David Barnett

They were out for delivery on three separate trucks. Two of 'em made it here just fine. The third - they put the box in a truck, drove it around town all day, then returned to the post office and marked it "Available For Pick Up". On a Saturday. On a holiday weekend. Bastards.

16. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

Personal experiences are probably dependent, often, on the more regional/local offices. For me, UPS at the delivery end has been way, way better than FedEx in terms of reliability and avoidance of damage. Other places, it may be the reverse. I use all three services, and frequently, and while I used to be very satisfied with all but FedEx, that is no longer the case. I am lucky that the UPS Store in my town us absolutely great because we have a motivated owner. Other places, you run into bored drones.

17. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's

I had a package shipped on Thurs. with 2 day shipping..FEDEX..
    Today is Tues..No package yet..5 friggin days..
    Same damn thig happened last month..2 day with FEDEX .6 days later the seller called it lost and replaced it..

18. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

19. KW1977

KW1977 Tele-Meister

I fully get being given the runaround insofar as explaining where and what happened to your package but, I wish everyone here could walk in the shoes of a UPS employee during this mess for a day or even better - a week. My roommate, bandmate, and another good friend all work for UPS. I also handle shipping & recieving duties for my company and regularly see what my local route drivers have to deal with. I myself ran local route deliveries for other companies over the years and can affirm the kind of hustle and diligence it takes to knock this stuff out. This is why when I hear my UPS driver's truck arrive I meet him with a wheeled cart to take the stuff right off his truck, help him shave off a few extra minutes off his hellscape of a day. None of these people are anything I'd even remotely call incompitent or struggle with basic reading or math skills. These are intelligent, hardworking individuals who saw a good opportunity for themselves and their families in their respective careers(seriously the health care alone is worth it, can you blame anyone for that?). Right now they are grossly overworked, run like dogs, overwhelmed by volume in an infrastructure that wasn't designed to handle it, trucks loaded horribly, handed flaming bags of shiz and expected to make them rosey again, and above all running extremely ragged. All during a global health crisis with little regard for their health or well being. One thing UPS isn't doing is subcontracting their delivery drivers out, like Fed Ex and USPS(depending on where you live), not to mention new faces every month. Take a moment and realize what these people are dealing with. They didn't get to quarantine, they got to work twice as hard for the same pay.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    jguitarman likes this.
  20. KW1977

KW1977 Tele-Meister

The more entitled you feel, the longer the wait.

sixstringbastard likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.