UPS Pulls Ahead of Fedex For Ineptness!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, May 22, 2020.

1. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

FedEx has been the worst for me, historically, and lately has dropped substantially in quality. Lately they lie about making a delivery attempt, saying I wasn't there even on "no signature required" packages, which end up shelved until the next week. Recently I had an issue with food that was shipped overnight in a cold pack that received this treatment.

USPS delivery has been great, and is the cheapest. Their tracking system is pretty wonky.

I don't really pay much attention to UPS, which means that, for me at least, they're probably doing a good job, and I just don't notice. They're also more expensive than USPS.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Everyone’s favorite carrier is someone else’s nemesis .

Just wanted to cover almost everybody (do people use DHL ?)

3. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

International shipments sometimes come in DHL. The only time I've had an issue with them was things getting misplaced in Customs, which isn't really DHL's fault. Or maybe it is, and I just don't know it. But I haven't blamed them for anything yet.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  4. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Sorry to hear of this, and I hope this ends well for you !!!
    We are living in turbulent times, and we can't expect anything at all to proceed smoothly ... The old normal is gone forever... Adapt to survive, and be patient ...

And stay safe and healthy... take care of yourself, your loved ones and be kind to others ...

KW1977 and Texicaster like this.
  5. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

THE problem is not so much the delivery status but the cloaked issues.

I can dig not getting what I want when I want it but just tell me if its destroyed!

There's a limited number of things that can happen to a shipment. If it's on a truck and all of a sudden MIA have a series of codes they can type in so the phone carousel can give a little more information.

001: Truck exploded

002: Driver Drunk

003: Driver Arrested

004: Volcano

005: Lazy

But to tell me a vague status and say, on it's way, never coming, coming later or come and get it...Never had this cluster before....

6. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

It's covered. Now just 17 more pages of the same thing...until it's resurrection in 2023, 26 and 27.

getbent likes this.
  7. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

It's a race to the bottom.

getbent likes this.
  8. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Say it ain't so ...

9. 8trackmind

You should hear what UPS/Fedex/ USPS has to say about you...the general public. :lol:

tubegeek likes this.
  10. Verne Bunsen

Verne Bunsen Tele-Afflicted

I don’t mind longer shipping times and logistical complications, it’s a complex world we live in, but what I DO mind is the explanations that are flat out lies. I’m waiting on a package from UPS and for the past three days it has shown an arrival scan in my town, indicated delivery that day, and then failed to appear. The first day was due to a natural disaster, the second day due to a late trailer, and the third due to “circumstances beyond our control”. Remember, each of these excuses followed a notification that it was already in the truck and out for delivery. Pure fabrication. I have great patience for technical difficulties, but very little for dishonesty and disingenuous information.

11. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

The "natural disaster" pops up quite often! On perfectly quiet sunny day in the 20 miles between Tucson and my place.....

This is the nonsense that gets me. If they have a "code" for natural disasters how about for the truth!

I do "love" the ability to track online and watch it go back and forth! I've seen it go right in front of my house without stopping! And come back 6 hours later. I only "watch" if it's a guitar or amp or something important and then not every second

I thought UPS had some sophisticated mapping protocol where there's as few left turns as possible to shave off seconds yet can't seem to sync addresses and actual location of truck with GPS. They should at least have a proximity warning that beeps if the driver happens to be right in front of the delivery location.

I should say this delivery is no big deal and I'm not hand wringing about it. Fine it's late or never showing up. I'll improvise and get another in a couple weeks. Company already said they'd next day me one via USPS if not here by Tuesday so I'm covered.

Verne Bunsen likes this.
  12. Verne Bunsen

Verne Bunsen Tele-Afflicted

Interesting, I’m in Marana, on the northwest end of Tucson.

13. W.L.Weller

W.L.Weller Tele-Holic

A friend had to send some documents from New York to Tblisi. Important notarized, stamped, sealed, that kind of thing.

Tblisi, for reference, is the capital of Georgia. Georgia, the country.

This important, time-sensitive document spent a few months in Atlanta, Georgia, courtesy of DHL.

14. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I think we found a tdpri UPS employee!

15. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

take me to your daddy's farm...

djh22 likes this.
  16. staxman

staxman Tele-Holic

Are you still selling those "bricks"? Asking for a friend...

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  17. staxman

staxman Tele-Holic

Ha! So true! I worked for the USPS for 15 years at a distribution center. We constantly talked smack about how inadequately folks packed things. 30 pound object in a shoebox with Scotch tape holding the lid on; guitars wrapped in only thin paper--stuff like that.

18. medownsouth

medownsouth Tele-Meister

Apparently its a banner day for ups. They were supposed to deliver my reverend bc1 today; truck pulled up sat out front for about 2 minutes and then drove off. Just posted undeliverable status to the ticket. Lol, I've been sitting here all day w/ only the screen door so I could spot the truck.

19. televillian

televillian Tele-Afflicted

i had two items ordered. one shipped USPS from Ohio the 18th and i got it the 21st. the other shipped UPS from Arkansas the 18th and is due the 26th. i rest my case.

20. 8trackmind

Glad you got out. Probably got old hearing how lazy and stupid you were! :lol:
    (I don't work in the small package delivery biz for those guessing)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.