UPS Pulls Ahead of Fedex For Ineptness!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, May 22, 2020.

1. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

¡Bueno!™

So a semi-important package and certainly time critical was delayed from today's delivery till Tuesday.

OK

When I call and go through THE most infuriating phone carousel yet devised. "You can speak to an agent after you answer these questions....5 minutes later....we have no live support agents at this time...click!" Every turn I requested "agent" and was told "one more question"....!

BUT the recording told me the package is undeliverable to address and would I like to come pick it up ....120 miles away.

So no way to determine what the problem is; if I should reorder or what... it's an essential RV part and hitting the road in 10 days.....ordered a week ago....

Oh well..... Still batting .999 with USPS.

2. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Afflicted

All of the Big 3 have taken the package I was expecting delivery of that day and put it on the truck back to its origin - more than once. And then either smashed it or lost it for another two weeks. I don't want to believe the available workforce is universally that bad, but there you go. I blame the schools for the lack of reading skills and the corporations for the lack of training....and accessability.

3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I understand and agree with your frustration.....we've gotten spoiled the past few years with FAST deliveries, but that's all changed for several months.
    Doing the math, it appears you ordered ONE week ago for a trip in ten days.......10+7=17. That hasn't been enough time for quite a while.....shoulda ordered two months ago. Sorry. :(

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  4. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Well, you can't spell STUPID without U, P and S.

I realise this golden Simpsons moment spoofs FedEx, but it sums up the frustration of dealing with any big carrier:

5. BramptonRob1958

BramptonRob1958 Tele-Meister

Try ordering from Canada through eBay’s Global Shipping Program. Ebay collects all a Canadian taxes, PayPal then ships the purchase through Pitney Bowes.

The seller has to ship to Erlanger Kentucky, then eBay re addresses the purchase to Canada and uses Pitney Bowes who then ships to the buyer.

I purchased on April 22, the buyer did his job and the landed in Kentucky 3 days later, eBay then re-shipped and it landed at Chicago on the 29 and was processed that day. It took until May 21 for the package to leave Chicago and is now headed to Canada.

Where it is? Is anyone’s guess the tracking number doesn’t identify the carrier after the in transit to Canada notification.

I realize the present Covid situation has presented problems, however, US sellers using USPS and Canada post have been able to deliver in about 10business days.

Every delivery involving a Courier Company has been a nightmare. More so than usual.

6. bsman

bsman Friend of Leo's

Must....not....post....first world problems meme....

7. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

Shipping to here is hit or miss at best.
    USPS is normally the best
    UPS, FedEx, & DHL basically suck for the most part

That being said I’ve had great experiences with each of them and horror stories also

daddyplaysbass and getbent like this.
  8. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

you know how to pronounce UPS? oops! but, seriously i've had troubles with all of them so there is no best way to go other than don't buy anything that needs to be shipped and don't sell anything that needs to be shipped. good luck

play music!

9. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

True...BUT I did order ~6 weeks ago and shipment was short an essential part and I added a few others due to design change. Didn't get to this stage of the build till last week. Parts were small nuts and bolts and based on the way packed and CS so far with company didn't think I had to confirm if 36 or 40 nuts

It should be EASY to have codes for actual problems so we know if we have to reorder! I don't really mind and can get expedited but the idea it says due for delivery Tuesday AND undeliverable AND come and get it yourself 100 miles away...

I still don't know the real status.....

nojazzhere likes this.
  10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Man I cannot stand FedEx!!!

8trackmind and Despres like this.
  11. Mike Eskimo

I really think of all the carriers, fed ex is my favorite. never have run into a problem with them.

12. Mike Eskimo

OMG !

I can’t believe how bad the universal pulverizing service is! I will never ship with UPS again and I hope no one sends me anything carried by them!!!

13. Mike Eskimo

I have to say - Out of all the carriers I stand behind UPS.

I’ve never had a problem with them. Great service and the drivers are all licensed.

duzie, 8trackmind and Despres like this.
  14. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I ordered something for my MIL to help her with pain... the UPS folks sent me an email where I could TRACK THE TRUCK! so, we were anxious and tracked it... ALL DAY. It drove past my house 3 times (we are in a rural area) we kept thinking... SOON!

at 8:30 pm... we saw him get on the freeway back to Salinas... the next morning, we launched the app 'unavailable' and never got the package.

Called and emailed and texted and were told 4 days later... contact Amazon.

Amazon sent another one.

Some UPS dude has the first one... our trust is lost.

nojazzhere likes this.
  15. Mike Eskimo

The United States Postal Service? Don’t even get me started .

I once mailed a brick two blocks away from my house. It took three months and it was broke when it arrived. Never again !!!

duzie, 8trackmind and Despres like this.
  16. Mike Eskimo

I trust the US mail over any other carrier. They do a great job and I will always use them.

17. Mike Eskimo

OK I think we’re covered now…:lol::lol::lol:

Rustbucket, duzie and 8trackmind like this.
  18. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

okay Sybil, what did you do with Mike?

SPUDCASTER, Texicaster and nojazzhere like this.
  19. Rob L

Rob L Tele-Meister

Oh don't get me started on Fedex. I have delivery manager set up to ALWAYS put my stuff on my back porch by my door this has been confirmed by Fedex themselves but they keep putting it on the front porch by the front door (that's where they say they leave it it). WE DON'T HAVE A FRONT DOOR!!! I've had no less then 6 packages stolen in the last year all delivered by Fedex. I keep calling, they keep telling it'll be fixed and it never is. I stopped doing business with Zzounds because they use Fedex which sucked cause they have that 4-6-8-12 pay plan. I email a business now to find out who they use before I order.
    UPS and USPS always leave it at the back door.

20. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

My experience with UPS

1) Said they delivered expensive speakers while I was waiting by the door. There was no delivery, and I spent a few months battling to get my money back, which I did finally. I got my money from the vendor, not UPS. UPS DGAF.

2) I paid $60 for overnight delivery, took the package to the UPS store. The truck left the package at the store. :rolleyes:

3) Ordered an acoustic guitar from Amazon. Came on UPS. Had to return it immediately because it had been thrown around and had a big dent on the bottom. UPS DGAF

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.