1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

UPS "Follow my delivery" live map

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Feb 26, 2021.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

man watching these things drives me bananas, the delivery vehicle always seems to spend hours circling my domicile, within just-blocks range:p

2. sax4blues

sax4blues Friend of Leo's

I drove delivery truck last couple years and we started that. We set the next destination so I always waited until I was close to start enroute setting

3. El Serio

El Serio TDPRI Member

It's for real. My brother told me that sometimes Amazon would send him back and forth between 2 neighborhoods 10 minutes apart. He wasn't allowed to change the order to do it more sensibly

4. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

Sometimes when I make ramen noodles I watch the pot get up to a boil. I'm always disappointed that I didn't go do something else with my time.

blowtorch likes this.
  5. Dog Bite

Dog Bite Tele-Meister

IMG_2904.JPG You'll get your stinking package when I get around to you!

electrichead likes this.
  6. Joshiquad

Joshiquad Tele-Meister

6519C280-54C1-41AE-84EA-24E40909C79C.png

7. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Once while doing this I got notification my amp had been delivered. Well, I work sitting with a real good view to my porch, and, it hadn't. not to MY house, anyway :eek:

I got on the phone and had my amp safe and sound by the end of the day, wheww

8. ale.istotle

ale.istotle Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I fell for this the first few times. I watched it getting closer and closer and I anticipated 2 minutes until delivery. I have since learned the standard delivery loop turns away from my place 2 blocks from here and returns in about an hour.

blowtorch likes this.
  9. bonzo898

bonzo898 Tele-Meister

This is me today. New guitar en route via fedex (did not tell the wife). Frustrated waiting for updates, due today, last update from yesterday afternoon.

She’s gonna answer the door before I get to it as I’m working!

10. El Serio

El Serio TDPRI Member

A guitar I ordered on black Friday a couple of years ago showed delivered but wasn't at my house. After a few calls with UPS I found out that it had been delivered to an address 30 miles away. When I looked up the address it was a Wal-Mart. The workers were confused and had to call the manager, but I finally got it. Huge hassle, but better than being stolen.

11. Masmus

Masmus Tele-Meister

I used to have everything shipped to my work, everyone in the office new about it and would sign for it if I wasn't there. Once in a while I'd get something truck freight and it worked better since we had a forklift and I avoided residential delivery fees. Also the delivery companies had regular times so I'd always know what time of the day to expect delivery.

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.