1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

UPS Access Point question?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by lammie200, Jan 17, 2021.

1. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Does anyone have UPS leave stuff at one of their access point stores instead of having them deliver to your house? I can’t tell if it is a COVID thing but it has become very inconsistent in the last couple of months for me.

I signed into a UPS service that lets me route packages to an access point store instead of having a delivery person try to deliver at my house. So when I order something I can see right away that the request to leave at an access point is granted through the online tracking. Then it starts moving through the system and I can see with the tracking that the package is on hold and that my attention is required. Once I login I have to pay $6 to have it routed to an access point. After paying I have to wait until the request is processed. But sometimes I am not alerted and don’t have to pay for the service. What gives?

2. Lowerleftcoast

Lowerleftcoast Friend of Leo's

My guess. They may be confused or they waive the fee if they didn't call.

Per UPS site:
    A hold for pickup is no charge.
    A delivery to the access point is $6.00.

lammie200 likes this.
  3. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

anything that requires a sig, or if i am not comfortable with it being left at my home, I just have sent to my local UPS store. I don't sign up for anything and I pay a $5 "storage" fee. win win.

lammie200 likes this.
  4. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

Was going to say something, but it was so stupid that when I reread it I deleted it and walked the perimeter of my property with a flashlight like my granddaddy before me. Sorry, carry on.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.