Upgrade kit for vintage tele saddles - shorter set screws and more - Simplified to reduce price

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by Kmaxbrady, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady Tele-Meister

Hey guys, I listed this a couple months ago but it was too expensive and didn’t do well. I reworked and simplified it to get my cost down. They’re only $9.95 plus shipping now.

https://reverb.com/item/34662853-be...t-shorter-set-screws-intonation-screws-mounti

———

3 common telecaster bridge problems:
    1 - The scratchy set screws are way longer than needed, and unless you want your action ridiculously high, they're gonna dig into your hand when you play.

2 - For proper intonation the EA saddle sometimes has to be adjusted so far back that the set screw actually rides up on the bridge mounting screw. So, to keep your action low you have to almost bottom out that saddle and the lowest set screw sticks up even higher.

3 - Intonation screws are too long and sometimes stick out 1/2 an inch or more from the front of the saddle. Looks weird.

This upgrade kit includes:
    - 3/8'' long 6-32 set screws - Quantity 4
    - 1/4'' long 6-32 set screws -Quantity 4
    These are 18-8 stainless set screws with the rounded non-scratch bottom tips. 2 different lengths so you can customize your saddle radius and keep the screws at or below the surface - Allen wrench included.

3 bridge plate mounting screws. Phillips head polished flat top to never interfere with saddle set screws. (Make sure these match the threads and length of your existing screws before installing, or you could mess up the threads in the holes)

Set of 1 1/8'' long 6-32 polished head phillips intonation screws, they'll look better. You'll thank me later.

Common question:
    "But wait, can't I just buy all this stuff at my local hardware store???"

Answer:
    Maybe. I've never seen these type of stainless set screws at my local hardware stores. All they have is some kind of steel with an ugly black oxide finish, and they don't have the nice rounded non-scratch tip like what comes stock on your guitar. These set screws you have to order online from a site like mcmastercarr.com. And they won't sell you just a few, you'd have to buy a box of 25. So your two boxes plus shipping will run you about $14 depending on where you live and what it costs to ship. And then you'd have to make a trip to the hardware store to find the intonation and mounting screws which will cost you about $2.50, plus your time, gas, headache, etc. AND those screw heads won't be all polished and shiny like mine. So, there you have it :)
    30DFCD4A-2A6D-4945-AA43-1052B0FFADAD.png 10EFAA80-9575-44E3-9C27-43FD16EE8503.png 0478C4D2-792F-4F92-835B-EE065A7D0F51.png

KW1977, nojazzhere and El Tele Lobo like this.
  2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Love this. Another exceptional innovation!

Kmaxbrady likes this.
  3. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Looks like a handy idea. However, direct marketing like this, IMO, belongs in the Vendor section. Reported.

Modman68 and Kmaxbrady like this.
  4. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady Tele-Meister

Thanks! I’m hoping these will do well with the lower cost. It’s such an improvement for those who like the traditional saddles.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

We have several "vendor/members" here that contribute a ton of useful information, and "marketing" as you put it is secondary. Kmaxbrady, Bootstrap, Rob DiStefano, Ron Kirn and a few others are more than welcome in my book. If every other post became an ad, I would consider it a problem. But I appreciate all of their information and wisdom. :):):)

tubegeek and KW1977 like this.
  6. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady Tele-Meister

Thank you, I really try to do my marketing in a way that is only related to Tele issues and sparks discussion as much as shows off my products. But, this thread was just moved to the Vendor forum, where it will die a slow and quiet death :(

I dig this website and I'll always be around as a participant but I just now cancelled my paid subscription. There is no benefit if I can only post ads in a forum that nobody reads. I'm on Facebook and instagram if any of you want to follow my little hobby/business

Peace and love y'all :)

BluesGuitarMart and nojazzhere like this.
  7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Sorry, man. I would never have found out about the "fat saddles" I got from you without a post you made.

Kmaxbrady likes this.
  8. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady Tele-Meister

So it’s still there in the telecaster forum? I don’t get it. Is it in both now? Maybe I acted too quickly.
    Mods? Help?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    nojazzhere likes this.
  9. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Yep, still here in the TDPRI.

I believe my colleague @nojazzhere that you have the best intentions. And there's nothing in your post that is offensive - I'm sure it's a good product.

But if you are allowed to market in the regular part of the whole forum, imagine how many other vendors would like that opportunity. Too many, IMO.

But when I bump this thread, it will pop up to the top of the vendor forum and you'll get another chance of people seeing your product.

In the meantime, I would also recommend checking out these sub-forums:

https://www.tdpri.com/forums/tele-technical.8/

https://www.tdpri.com/forums/tele-home-depot.46/

Last time I looked there were more than a few threads where you could add your expertise to the conversation, and oh, hey, maybe my products could help out.

There are plenty of vendors who comment on all kinds of threads and are truly appreciated for their expertise - in turn, many members here end up as buyers. I know, because that's how I ended up with a T-style guitar made by Bob Logan.

Which reminds me of another opportunity, maybe - you might check with some of the custom builders and see if they might have some interest in your products. There's lots of them out there.

10. Informal

Informal Tele-Afflicted

Christ! Of all the battles to choose.

Kmaxbrady makes great products...and is a verified vendor here.

Go pull some weeds, mow your neighbors lawn... Surely anything else would be a better use of your energy?

Kmaxbrady and nojazzhere like this.
  11. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

@Kmaxbrady - fyi - I do all my TDPRI surfing via the "new posts" link - I see all threads in all forums with that. Only time I read a single forum at a time is by accident.

So an active thread there will reach me and anyone like me, take heart.

Kmaxbrady and nojazzhere like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.