1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

update recent best buy post

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SacDAve, Dec 12, 2013.

1. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Update on recent Best buy post 11-23. I had a problem with a replacement warranty from best buy. Basically they sell you a two-year replacement plan $39. What they don’t tell you is if you replace something, the plan no longer is good, must spend another $39 for continued coverage. (I spent the $39) . Don’t want to get to long; went back complained got nowhere. So we contacted Ca. consumer affairs they suggested contacting Best buy’s corporate offices sent e-mail got a basic pound salt return e-mail. So we contacted the local TV station KCRA “Call 3 investigations” they talked to my wife yesterday, they called BB , later manager called retuned are $39 and apologized. Still have coverage.
    But still Best buy is not being honest with their Replacement Warranty, once the media contacts them they help the party involved what about all the other people they dupe. I still contacting the department of consumer affairs will still try to get KCRA to do a story on Best Buy.
    In the return e-mail from best buy they had attached a copy of their replacement contract. I searched all over the Best Buy web sight this all I could find.
    “What is a Product Replacement Plan (PRP)?
    Your Best Buy Product Replacement Plan (PRP) provides comprehensive coverage and easy fulfillment from day one. You'll get full replacement of covered products, with no deductibles or other hidden charges. Learn about benefits of a PRP”

As for me I’ll never shop at Best Buy again, to be honest if they go belly up great.

2. Post Toastie

Post Toastie Poster Extraordinaire

I had a warranty at Pacific Sales on a dishwasher and it failed. Pacific replaced the Dishwasher but I had to buy a new warranty. I think that's the way it works. I think you got lucky getting the money back.Best buy owns Pacific sales.
    As a side note Pacific tried to charge me for the new installation but finally did that for no charge. Best Buy claims that the reinstall from them is included if they installed the first unit.

3. scat4me

scat4me Tele-Afflicted

I prefer Square trade. It's cheaper and no hassles. 3 year warranty with them is $41.00 compared to 2 year @best buy for $39.00

4. TRFLIVES

TRFLIVES Banned

I haven't shopped at a Best Buy or any other BBS in years.
    Sales tax around here is STUPID high.
    They don't call it Crook County for nothing.
    Big box stores are dinosaurs in the grand scheme of things. Imho
    I'll have it delivered for free to my home.
    Never purchased or needed a warranty on anything other than our vehicles either.
    Most electronics come with a year warranty and then limited if you register said product. fwiw

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

... by octocopter!

[​IMG]

6. TRFLIVES

TRFLIVES Banned

:cool:
    Yeah I read about that recently, WAY COOL.

7. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't know how anyone could expect an endless supply of replacement items for $39. You bought the replacement plan and they replaced your item, that's the end of their obligation as far as I'm concerned.

8. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

I dunno - It's not endless - there's a two year limit. If I spend the cash for a two year free-replacement warranty, my natural assumption is that it's a warranty for the full two years and the problems are cured by replacement.... not just a "we promise not to argue with you the first time it breaks."

9. Shiro

Shiro Tele-Meister

Investigations, TV stories,BBB, Consumer affairs,and you want them out of business.
    At 39.00, they lost their ass.

10. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Why don't they tell you that when sell you a "Two year protection plan" that's my point. After your item breaks in 1 month they give the rest of the information.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.