Figured everyone likes a good progress thread so I'd update you all on how things are going. This is my first telecaster, and I don't play guitar, which makes this a rather unique challenge for me, but I've gotta say I'm pretty into it so far. To the pics... Body is 3-4A quilt base with a 5A+ chocolate quilted top Shaped the tummy relief and did the control cavity. So far I've really liked the stew mac templates, but the control cavity cover fit like garbage. So I took the plastic garbage cover and used it to make a lovely grain matched wooden cover. Probably the step I was most anxious about, the slot for the 3-way. I used the stew mac plunge dremel base and a 1/8" cutter. Set up blocks and straight edges so the dremel could essentially only follow one track and went to town. Honestly it could not have gone better. Used my regular plunge router to thin the cavity wall after I finished the slot to depth, and the three way engages all three positions, great success. Neck pocket went well too, given that my technical knowledge is basically nil, I used the stew mac template and a pattern bit from whiteside. The neck mounting holes on my warmoth neck lined up perfectly with the stew mac template too, which seems entirely too amazing to be true, so I drilled them out as well. I mounted everything I figured I could at this phase to ensure I knew that I could actually do it. My neck plate was laser engraved by philadelphia luthier supply with my adorable shop logo (my wife designed it), the plate was only 15$ and the guys over a phili luthier are awesome to deal with, its a really nice touch in my opinion. After everything was mounted I took it over to my local guitar tech to get him to check everything out prior to finishing, so I could make any adjustments, I honestly assumed by measurements would be pretty jacked up with my lack of experience and all. But, turns out it's almost perfectly aligned and will intonate (which i now know the definition of! haha). So I'm super pumped! Now to start finish sanding and scraping the top. Planning to finish with my standard quilted maple humidor finish- BLO, blond shellac and 10-15 coats of emtech 6000 lacquer. Thanks for tuning in!