Update on fallen down house find

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
Got the old Teisco cleaned up and playing. Did not get carried away, just got rid of the dirt and cleaned the pots. Did a little research and found out who used to live in the old house and made contact with a 41 year old young lady who told me about listening to her dad play when she was little. Her father has been dead quite some time. Will be returning his guitar to her in the next couple of weeks when I get time to make the drive. She seems rather happy.
20211125_161917.jpg

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I had something similar happen. When I was cleaning out my house to move about 10 years ago, I found two pictures, about 18X24 inches wedged into the ceiling of a closet. They looked like they were part of the ceiling until I pulled them down. One was this shot of a baby on a rug, kind of weird looking; and the other was this creepy family portrait, both looked like they were from the 50's. In the family portrait, the fathers eyes looked like they followed you when you moved across the room. Anyway, for a joke I bought a couple of frames and put them with some other pics I had. About a year later I get this call from someone that used to live in the house, looking to buy it, but when I told them the price, they said they couldn't afford it. I asked them about the pics, it turns out it they were the kids in the pics. We met up and I handed them the framed pics and they asked how much I wanted for them (the frames were probably less than $100 combined), so I just said, "How about free?" The woman broke down and started crying.

Considering was an a-hole I was when I was younger, I was thankful for some good Karma. I've got quite a deficit to make up.