UPDATE Good deal or crap?

Swirling Snow

Tele-Meister
Silly Fenders don't know their candy. That's caramel, not butterscotch!

It does sound like a good deal. If there's a reasonable return policy, take it home and check it out. Otherwise, check it out in the store. Make sure the neck isn't twisted or have a back bow, the angle allows bridge adjustments, etc, etc. and make sure nothing's living in the control cavity!

Kaihansen76

TDPRI Member
Silly Fenders don't know their candy. That's caramel, not butterscotch!

It does sound like a good deal. If there's a reasonable return policy, take it home and check it out. Otherwise, check it out in the store. Make sure the neck isn't twisted or have a back bow, the angle allows bridge adjustments, etc, etc. and make sure nothing's living in the control cavity!
Actually it has à hole in the point on the back...I just added the picture ...the Shop proposed à 17 usd rebate ...which is like 10% but I am skeptical now

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Often, chips in the finish don't discount a guitar as much as you'd like. It can be filled once you get it home, it just takes a bit of patience.

If it is $160, decide what you want to pay. Offer $120 or $130, and negotiate up to where you want the price to be. Be prepared to walk away.

With the chip, $145 is still a decent price. Not great, but decent. Like others have said, if you like it, you won't notice the chip much, and it is fixable down the road. (I think? Many use nail polish in the same color to fill in the chip, but I don't know about that color).

JeffroJones

Tele-Meister
Actually it has a hole in the point on the back... but I am skeptical now
The chip means nothing.
I bought my pawn shop Affinity - this exact guitar, but two years older - with three big chips in the body and a small chip in the back of the neck.
Who cares? The neck is straight, it stays in tune and the fretboard feels fine.
What the hell do I care about a chip or two?
Jeez, Fender are even charging a premium for guitars they have purposefully dinged-up themselves.
They're call "reliced".

:::

SuprHtr

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
If the guitar feels good and has no structural issues, that is a good price ($145). I have a 2019 Affinity that went for slightly over $200 new and I like it a lot. I bought it to modify but all I've changed is tuners.

Kaihansen76

TDPRI Member
Often, chips in the finish don't discount a guitar as much as you'd like. It can be filled once you get it home, it just takes a bit of patience.

If it is $160, decide what you want to pay. Offer $120 or $130, and negotiate up to where you want the price to be. Be prepared to walk away.

With the chip, $145 is still a decent price. Not great, but decent. Like others have said, if you like it, you won't notice the chip much, and it is fixable down the road. (I think? Many use nail polish in the same color to fill in the chip, but I don't know about that color).
Thanks à lot !!! The chip is quite thick though....I might say more than 1mm...I hope np would fill it

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
If you post in the Tele forum, others will have the steps to repair a chip like that. I have not done it myself, so I was relaying what others here have written. The board can help!