unviewable posts on app

Discussion in 'Mobile App Support' started by barbrainy, May 23, 2015.

1. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

Hello

I am using the app on an iPhone 6, and very often have posts that do not show. Screenshot attached. It will say at the bottom of a page that there are x number more posts, but will not show them on that page. Moving to next page does not show them either....

Attached Files:

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Those posts won't show on that page. You must tap on of the right ">" nav buttons to be taken to the next page.

When I visit that page and tap the > I'm taken to the next page and I see the rest of those posts. I'm using the App on an iPhone 6. I'm looking at the exact same page.

That thread has over 300 pages it's could be possible that your 3G phone network is busy trying to load too many pages in the background. We have had reports on very large threads of the mobile browser doing that very thing and taking so long to load a page that it seems that the page can't be displayed.

Let me add to that and say that VERY LARGE threads - especially in the DIY section with lots of large images can be extremely difficult to load efficiently on a mobile device.

3. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

Oh, it happens on many threads. Here's one of mine. Attached is last but one page, ending on post 393. Next page starts on post 401. I accessed the next page by pressing >

This happens on 4g and on wifi....

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1432389395.246623.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1432389408.385271.jpg

Ah, if I refresh the page, the missing posts do show up

4. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Glad you sussed it out. We knew that this wasn't happening to everyone.

Have you tried the non-app mobile version of the site? Here's that same page in the Safari browser on an iPhone 6:

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.