Unpopular opinion

BrazHog

Tele-Meister
Don't see why. He can keep on putting out new material, and I can keep on ignoring it, like I have all my life.

Blackmore Fan

Friend of Leo's
To his credit, his acoustic pieces are great. His rock music though largely sounds like a guy who knows nothing about rock music trying to play rock music. There are some highlights (Powderfinger, Cortez the Killer), but.....

I loved the Harvest Moon album.

You and I are polar opposites, and I know neither of us are "right", we're just different. I can't stand anything Neil played acoustic, but his electric stuff has that element of "danger" that I admire--you keep waiting for him to go somewhere he can't possibly work his way out of...but he always avoided that noose.

Jimbodiddley

TDPRI Member
Don't see why he should stop, even though his last few albums have been lackluster imo. I can name lots of other artists who never should have started.:)

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

when he wasn't murdering acoustic guitars (sorry, I can't stand anything Neil recorded with an acoustic).

He is, however, an incredible acoustic guitarist, a chord-playing mofo. He's always been great in that area.

I don’t really know. I don’t really listen to much acoustic stuff. I probably lack the knowledge to comment, but I’ve always liked the BBC’s early 70s recordings.

I think there’s a better quality version posted out there somewhere, but I lack the time right now to find it.

Pax/
Dean

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
i’m all for letting them play until they can’t get gigs no more, if that’s what they want to do. don’t hurt nobody. doesn’t matter if i’m interested in the music or not, there’s a lot of music i’m not interested in !

suthol

Friend of Leo's
As Grace Slick said, “All rock 'n' rollers over the age of 50 look stupid and should retire.” You know she got a point!
She's got two and sadly these days they could be closer to her knees than her shoulders :lol:

For mine there's a difference between playing your catalogue & new stuff as opposed to prancing, strutting and posing as some of a certain vintage choose to do.

I'm within a few days of 74 and now a guitar is a guitar not a pen1s extension

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
When I was a kid, I first loved the Beatles.
The next band that caught my attention was Buffalo Springfield.
The first Beatle album I owned was HELP.
My next album was Buffalo Springfield Again.
I actually heard BS’s eponymous album before Again, but didn’t have the finances to buy it.
I was 10.
So, like with Sirs Paul & Ringo, I can’t give up on Neiler just yet.
He and Stephen Stills have a big place in my heart.
I hear you. And I agree.

Think about it this way, you grumpsters: Father Time is surely gonna take these greats away from us soon enough. Anything, anything that gives these guys the strength to jump up out of bed and accomplish something with what remains of their lives, is precious to me. It doesn't have to be even 50% of what they did at peak; that's not the point.

They were there for me, when I was young and stupid and needed direction. Now, I'm older and no wiser, but one thing is for sure: I'm not going anywhere. Let them keep cranking out stuff and I will buy and I will listen to it for as long as I can.

Last edited: