unique 3 way series request

TelecasterBlaster

NEW MEMBER!
Halifax, NS, CAN/ Puerto Vallarta, JAL, MX
So my favourite teles are the Tele Custom II with the wide range in the neck position.

I typically use the bridge for chicken picking and the neck as a boost for volume swells, so I'm switching from the front to the back a lot going from humbucker to single coil.

Years ago I had modded one of my standard teles to work in a similar manner, basically a 4 way circuit on a 3 way switch. I like a custom II I had the bridge isolated, and a humbucker in the back position. the middle position was the guitar in parallel.

The middle position, I personally don't use much, but I would like to have the neck isolated in the middle pickup position.

Anyone ever work this out, or know of a wiring diagram so your standard Bridge/Parallel/Neck setup could be used to have a Bridge/Neck/Humbucker setup? I think it would be really clean for my playing.

Yes I know, 4 ways sort this out and as I write this I've nearly got a 4 way installed or on order for each of my standard models,
but still.
At this point:
standard pickups,
grounded neck pickup cover
stock 3 way switch
wired Bridge/Neck/Humbucker

is sort of a dream machine for me...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 12.15.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 12.15.45 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 22

Carcinogen

Tele-Meister
On/off/on switch would do bridge/bridge-neck series/neck, but it would be a toggle instead of a blade. I’m about to do this to a couple guitars. It’s old school Danelectro/Duo-Sonic wiring.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTDPRI1437407984.718183.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1437407984.718183.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 33

TelecasterBlaster

NEW MEMBER!
Halifax, NS, CAN/ Puerto Vallarta, JAL, MX
On/off/on switch would do bridge/bridge-neck series/neck, but it would be a toggle instead of a blade. I’m about to do this to a couple guitars. It’s old school Danelectro/Duo-Sonic wiring.
I'm looking to put the series position opposite the bride, not in the middle. But and interesting idea.

I know the circuit can be made with the stock parts based on the 4 way idea.

Rhombuszero

TDPRI Member
The problem, I'm thinking, would be the linear functionality of a 3-way switch (A/A+B/B). You want A/B/A+B in series. If you jumper one section of the two poles of a 3-way switch to somehow get them out of order and in series, then it could work, but then the 2 poles of the switch would be messing all that up since they would both be connected to the vol pot on the same lug, I think.