Unexplained Anomalies On The Giza Plateau ? ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chemobrain, Apr 12, 2019.

1. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

If we are to allow that terrestial technology of the time didn't permit such precision how exactly was it achieved? By 'ancient aliens'?

Where are the 'ancient aliens' artifacts then? Are we to believe that an advanced species of space beings visited Earth in prehistory and left nothing behind but enigmatic stone structures?

Further, having built the pyramids, these beings from the stars haven't bothered building anything here since?

maxvintage likes this.
  2. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

aerhed and beagle like this.
  3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm not arguing for aliens, I'm asking what tools were used for certain cutting and drilling jobs that seem to have been done, when they were building with hammer and chisel.
    You can drive a drill "bit" with all sorts of primitive methods, but we see no drill bits or saw blades that could have done some of the precision cuts in hard materials.

Seems dumb to question lathe turning of bowls though, since a kick wheel for pottery isn't that advanced.

william tele and radiocaster like this.
  4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mike Eskimo and Mike Simpson like this.
  5. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

I dunno about "aliens" and all, but I do kinda wonder if this is mankind's first go-around as a technologically advanced civilization. That "Bright Insight" dude is thought-provoking. He doesn't make claims, he just asks questions. I kinda like him in spite of his belief that we were and still are visited by aliens. Even he admits that's only his belief. And he encourages people to do their own research and come to their own conclusions.

Like I said, thought-provoking. Anyone who encourages people to think for themselves gets a few extra points in my book.

Magnum721, MickM and william tele like this.
  6. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

The US is an offshoot of European culture, for the most part (i.e. the part that has the $$)! ;)

7. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Who among us has not drilled through glass or rick with a slurry of abrasives?

aerhed likes this.
  8. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

Ugh the determination to make various things be the work of imaginary aliens is just so ridiculous.

“Hey we just flew light years through interstellar space using our extremely advanced technology! Waddy wanna do now?

I know! Let’s build a giant pyramid out of stone!”

Facepalm

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  9. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Yep. The whole system of scribes and overseers must have been vast and formed the foundation of how they structured society. Scribes and overseers got special burial treatment. Typical management decision!

One of my favourite artefact collections is the Vindolanda tablets, daily notes and letters on delicate sheets of wood that were saved by being buried at the bottom of a rubbish pile. Simple long lists of goods and prices, people moaning about the cold weather and pleading petitions to centurions on dealing with petty issues between people. Vast amounts of very typical red tape and bureaucracy but reflective of a huge amount of stuff moving about and resources being shipped and utilised by large groups of people... all managed by their version of a vast white collar demographic.

They were so like us!

My daughter was well into Egyptology for years before she flipped to genetics. We read and saw a lot in museums all over the world.

There is quite a bit of research into the tools and evidence of how they worked. A lot by Petrie at Giza from the 1800’s who was mentioned in the video but then ignored or misrepresented. It’s hard to even call it ‘lost technology’, we use all the same techniques today.

They have found the slivers of the bronze discs and copper staining from the wheels used in working blocks and the particularly revealing scratches made from the crystal embedded saws and disc / tubular cutter edges that are direct evidence of the method of tooling the harder stones. The vast ancient trade in precious stones was not just because they were pretty... it was also because they were much harder than the quartz crystals in granite or dolerite. We use the exact same techniques today with diamond impregnated cutting disks and diamond drills. For softer marbles and alabaster abrasive powders were, and are still, used. Researchers even calculated the length of the long saws used to carve the large granite sarcophagi in the great pyramids from the marks on the bottom.

Metal and precious stones were obviously valuable and completely recyclable and as society collapsed they would most certainly all have been looted or moved away. We are not exactly downing in the tools used to make the medievel churches here either. There is research paper I read that talks about the huge proportion of gold used in modern jewellery that was mined in prehistoric times and has been recycled for millennia.

Where I live there were miles upon miles of iron field fencing in Victorian times. it was all turned into munitions in the wars.

It’s amazing what people can do when they don’t spend 15 hours a day on WooTube.

10. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Let me get this right: you're saying Queen Victoria was an alien, and built your house?

Do you have any pictures to prove this?

String Tree and tfarny like this.
  11. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

psudoarchaeology... not worthwhile to waste any more time & effort on it.

BorderRadio and Buckocaster51 like this.
  12. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

It predates popular photography.

I can show you a giant pyramidal stone cairn in Glencoe built by the locals at the spot she had to get out of her carriage for a sh**.

Will that do?

5F1BDA8F-5F08-43E5-A036-DF1558ED6E2C.jpeg

13. Piggy Stu

So now you are saying you drive a Spacecraft that travels faster than light and you built the sphinx?

Without pictures, or something saying the earth is flat, I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS

14. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Yup. He also went to jail for fraud after several books, and was thoroughly debunked. Many of the Nazca Plains "runways" he showed are like, 25 feet long. Little short for your average alien-built delta-wing aircraft. :rolleyes:

aerhed and Mike Simpson like this.
  15. notmyusualuserid

The Earth is flat from where I'm sitting. I can't see much of an horizon from where I'm sitting, but observation is proof, and any proof is proof. Right? :)

maxvintage likes this.
  16. Piggy Stu

This anecdote is all the proof I need

Case closed and time for guitar pictures

DavidP and notmyusualuserid like this.
  17. notmyusualuserid

It seems that even alternative history has its own alternative history.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    boredguy6060 and telemnemonics like this.
  18. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

concerned citizens thought the my pillow guy had gone back to his ways of homelessness and crack:
    https://www.barstoolsports.com/bost...igate-a-cardboard-cutout-of-the-my-pillow-guy

do you find this misleading?

Festus_Hagen likes this.
  19. Piggy Stu

Festus_Hagen and drf64 like this.
  20. notmyusualuserid

While having nine children and being Queen Empress.

I wonder what she did in her spare time, apart from romancing her gillie (played by Billy Connolly) and taking dumps in Glencoe?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.