Unexplained Anomalies On The Giza Plateau ? ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chemobrain, Apr 12, 2019.

1. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

I don't know , but it's really fun,

Hawking likes this.
  2. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Holic

I'm not watching 39 minutes worth, but that is where the pillow guy, who is now making sleeping pads, AND sheets "made of the finest wool found only in Giza" , gets his "giza wool".

I want dem der sheets. :D

3. claes

claes Tele-Holic

I've been getting all those archaeologic suggestions on youtube lately (like bright insight). Some are bs but something is obviously very wrong in that field.
    It's most obvious in south america, in places like machu picchu, where historians claims the incas one day just grow tired of building massive blocks with perfect fit and instead started to build with simpler technique and small stones. That idea is so ridicules.
    Looking at it now I really can't understand why no one realized earlier that it's not the incas but someone who was there before them and what we see is two different cultures.

I also think it's idiotic of all those alternative achaeologs to simultaneously speculate about aliens. They are definitly on to something and are only ruining there own work.

4. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

20 mins in... and... I’m out. It’s not a documentary, it’s another shameless, self promoting conspiracy theorist.

All he repeats is the old rehashed mystery stuff presented as his own ideas... and how many times did he have to say scientists and academics are somehow ‘hiding stuff’ in some vast archaeology conspiracy.

He offers no alternative evidence despite there being plenty of works on the construction techniques he could have referenced. His choice not to, is deliberate.

Suggest... go to the Petrie museum in London and see the real stuff and GET OFF YouTube. Once you watch one you will get more suggestions of same BS and you will be stuck deeper in the bubble.

It’s nice to see the history... but do turn off his drivel in the background.

There is an arrogance that drives belief that sophisticated nations with vast populations, complex languages, sophisticated metal working and education systems, did not have clever people who understood drills, lathes or levers, or the power of water or who could make and use rulers or other measuring tools.

Being societies, they will also rise and fall and change. We currently have a bit of a construction crisis in the UK where many new build houses are falling apart with poor mortar and cheapened features while older Victorian stone houses will likely last a thousand years. No ancient culture was immune to running out of money or cutting corners on construction later in a project the same way BUT we do not claim that aliens built the Victorian houses because they were better and built earlier. Who is to say some woo thread in a thousand years would not try to though? That’s all the guy on YouTube is doing.

The ancient peoples clearly traded and shared their knowledge around the world and groups that travelled across land bridges or oceans took the core ideas with them. I can walk from where I am right now in the UK to a quarry and mining complex from where Romans’ who overlapped with the Egyptians extracted metals from deep in a mountain to use across their civilisation. Far far older still, there is a prehistoric Stone Age serpentine mine on a nearby mountain, the beautifully worked, hard stone axes from it turn up all over Europe... this was happening millennia before the Egyptians even appeared.

My old house I am in here today is made from the stones of the local mediaeval castle ruin, many of which will have come from the previous roman and Saxon castles that predated it. Does he really think the attractive marble casing stones from the pyramids or Sphinx were immune to being removed and ‘upcycled’ the exact same way?

Go and look at cathedrals made in the dark ages or the Roman’s aqueduct systems that span Europe. Mastery of stone, wood, water and metal was as culturally embedded as computers and digital is today. They also had time as Seasons and farming dictated the work cycles and availability of the person resource. What better way to keep millions busy than engaging them in large scale public works.

My hypothesis is his lack of any real evidence is just evidence of a scam to sell a wooo book.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    OldPup, rze99, Magnum721 and 14 others like this.
  5. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

Not sure they’re anomalies as such. There are some interesting lost stoneworking techniques for sure. Yes, it’s lost technology and it was advanced, but not necessarily in the realms of power tools or whatever. The outdated idea of loads of slaves making the Pyramids distracts from the fact you had some master stonemasons working on these structures. Even the project management would have required innovation. People back then had brains, and they put them to work using what they had. I’d love to know how they did it.

Cheshiergrin and Guitarteach like this.
  6. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

More woo. Lovely. :rolleyes:

beagle likes this.
  7. teleaddicted

teleaddicted Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Here in Rome we have a great example about recycling stone blocks: the Circus Maximus.
    In fact there is no actual circus maximus to be seen, it's only a void site nowadays.
    Each and every pebble has been repurposed in some building around town in the past ages, using the site as an open air quarry.
    We even have a saying about that:
    "Quod non fecerunt berberi, Barberini fecerunt"

cnlbb and Guitarteach like this.
  8. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

You are confusing academic archeology with crap you see on Youtube. There nothing "wrong" with the field itself. It's crap on Youtube that's wrong.

Also look, when Columbus and the Spanish arrive it sets off a demographic catastrophe of unimaginable scale.Estimates of the death rate suggest that more than ninety percent of indigenous people of central and south america die of European diseases. Archeologists are still uncovering more evidence of how extensive the demographic collapse was.

But just imagine nine out of ten people in your city die of a plague. Do you really think the survivors will double down on wall building?

Archeology is based on available evidence, not "stuff you'd like to believe." There are always going to be gaps in the evidentiary record

Telemarx, cnlbb, getbent and 5 others like this.
  9. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The Incas and the ancient Egyptians have nothing on the ingenuity (and pasty-gobbling) of the Yoopers !

aerhed, uriah1, scrapyardblue and 2 others like this.
  10. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

It's so ridiculous that no one advances it. Nobody says "they just got tired of walls." One explanation is disease--It was abandoned roughly 100 years after the Spanish arrive. Why? The best evidence suggests everybody died, of smallpox or cholera or other European diseases. There's plenty of evidence for that, though the actual numbers aren't entirely clear. Also new evidence from LIDAR shows that Central America, for example, was WAAAAAy more populated before Europeans arrived

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...out-maya-civilization/?utm_term=.ba83a56a07cf

Your theory, that "someone else" built the stone walls, is unsupported by any actual evidence, but there's no reason complete lack of evidence should stop you from condemning a whole field on the basis of crap you watched sitting on the couch in Sweden. If you, couch surfing youtube man thousands of miles away, think something's true, and the people who actually devote their adult lives to the subject, and conduct field work on the ground don't, clearly it's THEY who must be wrong.

BorderRadio, getbent and Doctorx33 like this.
  11. oceanblue

oceanblue Tele-Meister

Worth reading is 1491. Most people don't realize what was going on in the Americas before he arrived.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/140004006X/?tag=tdpri-20

tfarny and maxvintage like this.
  12. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Most of the 'ancient astronaut' BS is based on cultural bias by Europeans who are convinced that 'savages' (i.e. non-white people) could possibly have had the sophisticated organizational, mathematical, and technical skills to build these edifices. It's racial chauvinism at its worst.

Mad Kiwi, radiocaster and maxvintage like this.
  13. notmyusualuserid

But strangely (ha!) the History Channel, an American based media outlet, produces and broadcasts much of this BS.

Why is that do you think?

beagle likes this.
  14. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I didn't watch the whole video but what I got was more pointing out evidence of more advanced machining than archaeologists and historians have found any tech remains responsible for the finer milling.

Scientists can look at machining marks and determine what sort of tech made them.

The question is, where is the evidence of the tech itself?
    Why are there no artifacts that were used for the massive amount of work that was done? Seems there would have to be a massive quantity of tools to do all that work, yet that evidence has not been found.

MickM and william tele like this.
  15. telemnemonics

I'm sure there are some who claim Egypt was a bunch of idiots, but it seems most of the questions are about the total lack of tools capable of some of the milling that there is plenty of.

One needn't call the the ancients savages to ask where all the tools went!

I mean there's plenty of evidence that civilization isn't a construct of white folks...

16. notmyusualuserid

Bronze and Iron Age tools were almost infinitely recyclable. When a tool was worn out it went back in the furnace.

BorderRadio, maxvintage and bsman like this.
  17. telemnemonics

True but bronze and iron tools could not have made some of the clean straight narrow cuts in granite block that have been found. Nor could hammer and chisel of any material.

Have you ever cut granite?

18. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I’m going to hit the Giza plateau in a couple weeks when I turn 60.

scrapyardblue and nojazzhere like this.
  19. telemnemonics

Not sure about possibly drilling granite with iron and some abrasive powder, but it would be worth at least questioning the use of a tech that was not supported in the era.

20. notmyusualuserid

Woo :rolleyes:

beagle likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.