1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Unexpected love for stealth black.....

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by wulfenganck, Mar 4, 2021.

1. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

It wasn't intended, but my latest guitars both have that kind of matte stealth black - and I love it!

This is the La Mancha Rubinito Negro; although it sounds totally spanish, it's a german company who produces in China - but in a rather convincing quality.
    I actually prefer nylonstring-acoustic over steelstring. It's stupid, but I associate that kind of chirpy and trebly singer/songwriter sound with steelstrings.
    The nylonstrings feel more intricate.

La Mancha Rubinito Negro CM-CEN.jpg

Now this one was surprising. I did like the design when it came out in 2016, but I thought I'd be done with solidbodies. Not to mention the pricetag. But a couple of days ago I had the possibility to try out the Sterling by Music Man and I couldn't help but buying it.
    The neck is a dream, the mini-humbuckers sound fresh and it's a clever and versatile wiring....and we have a f.....g lockdown, so what else to do???
    Well here's the Sterling by Music Man St. Vincent, thanks for the design, Annie Clark!

20210302_201455.jpg

....she does have a nice back, too! Note the "It's just the pandemic, I can get back to shape"-belly cutout!
    20210302_201514.jpg

2. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I never really think about nylon-strung guitars, and I don't feel the need to own one any more. Which is strange, considering Leonard Cohen has been my favourite artist for nearly 40 years.

3. wulfenganck

I learned on a nylonstring for the first 3 years until I convinced my parents to buy me an electric guitar. That's probably why I prefer the tone compared to a steelstring-acoustic.
    I bought my first steelstring-acoustic in '91 (it's a Godin LR Baggs Acousticaster, so kind of steelstring-"acoustic"). I bought my Epiphone dreadnought type steelstring only 5 years ago. Maybe too late in the game....?

4. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Tele-Holic

I thought we were saying that Annie Clark has a nice back. Which is not untrue.

Sorry... I'll show myself to the door.

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

How is the finish for showing fingerprints?

6. wulfenganck

I haven't found a huge difference compared to other guitars with nitro finish.

7. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Afflicted

I like Sterling MM....
    1611320701257.jpg
    But I hate stealth black. Looks like ur a teenage gamer.

8. wulfenganck

I have to admit I was never into Music Man designs.
    The St Vincent is literally the first one that got me excited.

9. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

This. Every one I've seen show prints horribly. If you gig it makes it look like your guitars are dirty, since lights accentuate that. Guitarists know its just prints but R&R FTW ...

10. wulfenganck

No need to do so - she is stunning!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.