Unboxing my Fernandes Telecaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Frontman, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

I went and bought my first non-Fender electric guitar. I wanted something old and not so common, so when I found this old Tele, I decided to pull the trigger and buy it. The seller described it as complete, and in working condition, and his description was pretty close. The tuners are sticky, but I will take them apart later and lube them up, hopefully they'll be okay. I plugged in the guitar and played it a bit, it needs some adjustments, but works well enough.

One of the good things (and the bad) of living in Japan is the variety of old guitars you can find here. I'm quite sure this old guitar will have some new friends before long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone have anything to share about their old Fernandes guitars? Any info would be appreciated. From what I can find from the old book "Japanese Guitar", it states "1970年代初期のもの?" or, "something made in about 1970?"

2. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Nice, congrats.

3. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Sweet. Have a friend that had a white one about 20 years back. I always liked it a lot. Congrats and have a good time with it!

4. Jake_Getz

Jake_Getz TDPRI Member

I have a white strat from the 90s. Only model ive seen as olympic white with a skunk stripe down the neck.

5. slapshot

slapshot Tele-Meister

the serial number is the end of the fretboard
    197 whatever the first number is.

they stopped doing this by 78 I think it was

it's an old logo

some of them are good some of them are bad in terms of heavy maple bodies and multiple layers but by an large they lifted their game towards the end of the 70s & the 80s "Revival" stuff is top notch.

Have/had multiple 70s,80s and even 90s Fernandes/Burny guitars.all great teles,strats,les pauls,jrs,melody makers

6. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

wow, it almost looks brand new! thats neat

7. Ironbird

Ironbird Tele-Holic

I've seen quite a few Fernandes T-types here in Malaysia, but sorry, I don't have much info on them.

By the way, congrats!

8. Tritone

Tritone TDPRI Member

Where did you get this? Rakuten? Yahoo Auctions?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.