Ultra Clean Push-Pull EL84 design?

murrayatuptown

TDPRI Member

qxhQpBj.png
Interesting...1st FET looks source follower.The second looks like a phase inverter, but the pair driving the 6AQ5's suggest a LTP PI. (implied question...)

Or I'm quoting too much book reading and not enough practical knowledge. I was thinking two PI's but can't think of why...so must be another reason

I like the built-in options like switchable cathode bypass cap.

printer2

Poster Extraordinaire
Interesting...1st FET looks source follower.The second looks like a phase inverter, but the pair driving the 6AQ5's suggest a LTP PI. (implied question...)

Or I'm quoting too much book reading and not enough practical knowledge. I was thinking two PI's but can't think of why...so must be another reason

I like the built-in options like switchable cathode bypass cap.
No, the last two are source followers also.

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter

murrayatuptown

TDPRI Member
OK, OK, so the single '820 powered by B+ 'B' is the PI, and each half is buffered by an '820 source follower powered by +15V.

Well, that's innovatively cool, too, in my book.

printer2

Poster Extraordinaire
OK, OK, so the single '820 powered by B+ 'B' is the PI, and each half is buffered by an '820 source follower powered by +15V.

Well, that's innovatively cool, too, in my book.
And you need the -45V to insure cutoff. But yeah, I really want to try it, just other things get in the way. Pretty sure I'll get to it this year.