Ugliest guitar ever

Anode100

Friend of Leo's
Lordy, there are some real hum-dingers out there.

I would go with 'SG' shape, or Zakk Wylde's SG / V concoction.

I like flying Vs, and am partial to the randy Rhoads shape / offset V - if only for the easy access to the squeaky end.

Manolete

Friend of Leo's
Can't do pictures from the tablet, but Ovation's electrics were hideous. Breadwinner and Preacher come to mind.

Credit where it is due, they are apparently comfortable to play and do appear to share some design geometry with the Klein guitars. :eek:

Off the top of my head, the reissued Burns Scorpion was a weird attempt at reimagining a '70s (?) design as a metal instrument;

ScorpionHT02.jpg

British manufacturer Shergold seems to get a lot of love for some reason, but I find their designs ugly. Definitely of the period!

1028shergold.jpg

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Okay, stand back:
Russian guitars

I often wonder how those sound.

But hey don't forget the Czech...

original.jpg

Or the Indian Givsons.
Givsoncambridge_1401098720.jpg

_c576845_image_0.JPG

img_686_large.jpg

Givson-professional-electric-guitar-20141011113307.jpg

God Bless the Indians for making them that way though. They certainly have a look all of their own.

regularslinky

Tele-Afflicted
OK, I'm going to go there and say PRS. The unnatural colors, the so-over-the-top-it-looks-fake flame maple, the dipped-in-Lucite little-league trophy finish, the frikkin' birds, but mostly the pointy, cheap-looking, metal-guitar-style headstock that the effete will tell you is designed for a straight pull, even though it doesn't really provide one. All that is topped off with their owners' constant and tedious explanations as to how they are sooo technically superior to ordinary guitars.

PRS%20Ugly.jpg

Amen. And they're even uglier with zebra pickups.

Ro_S

Tele-Meister
OK, I'm going to go there and say PRS. The unnatural colors, the so-over-the-top-it-looks-fake flame maple, the dipped-in-Lucite little-league trophy finish, the frikkin' birds, but mostly the pointy, cheap-looking, metal-guitar-style headstock that the effete will tell you is designed for a straight pull, even though it doesn't really provide one. All that is topped off with their owners' constant and tedious explanations as to how they are sooo technically superior to ordinary guitars.

PRS%20Ugly.jpg

There's ugly and then there's ugly. I basically agree though. The aesthetics of the PRS do nothing for me.

Ro_S

Tele-Meister
I actually like a few of the models that the 'Italia' brand do - I even own one - but some of their guitars are real munters. In fairness, t's mostly due to the mother-of-toilet-seat finish.

x59qmq7omt6rltmtdifc.jpg
images
images
images
images
images
italia-guitars-modulo-tipo-3-red-300395.jpg

images

p.s. I wish to add that the Italia guitar I own does not have any mother-of-toilet-seat anywhere on it.

Last edited:

wildschwein

Tele-Afflicted
I've never been a fan of Jazzmasters, Mustangs or Jaguars. I like what Joe Pass in the Synanon days did though. Also turned off by any guitar with gold hardware--reminds me of creeps dressed in orgy gowns.

Last edited: