Ugliest Band Ever

BrazHog

Tele-Meister
It's a fun not offensive thread, as shown by the amount of replies, If not ugly then how many guys are pretty?
I think what this thread really points out is how many managers didn't think it was important to hire a " stylist " just show up to a photo shoot in whatever clothes you have and don't worry about shaving or grooming or considering it.

This. Most of the "ugly band/ album cover" threads on the 'net are about not enough $$$ put into the photo shoot. A good photographer and image consultant can make any ugly dude look at least semi-decent. I won't name names...

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
Yes Pete Hamm was truly under appreciated. I wish people would remember him as well as they do Jim Morrison.
I know what you are saying but it is hard to compare the two. Morrison was a front man pure and simple. Pete Ham was more of a band participant. The most prolific band participant in Badfinger, for sure, but he didn't perform in any way the same as Morrison. And I think that people remember performances more than they remember content.

rubaabur

TDPRI Member
images (24).jpeg

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I think of The Stranglers (except Hugh of course) as being an unnecessarily ugly to look at band.

The band "Gene" could have been huge, but it was the kind of band where all the guys needed to be handsomer than most - and they not even close to that. This is Martin Rossiter's band btw, not Gene Loves Jezebel.

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
I know what you are saying but it is hard to compare the two. Morrison was a front man pure and simple. Pete Ham was more of a band participant. The most prolific band participant in Badfinger, for sure, but he didn't perform in any way the same as Morrison. And I think that people remember performances more than they remember content.
I said that because in a way Pete Hamm was a front man. He may not have sung every Badfinger song, granted. But he did write most of the songs and sang lead vocals on many. And the live videos I have watched of them. He was one of the guys out front. Perhaps if he would have done some things on stage like Morrison did He would have been remembered more. But from what I have seen. Pete was more of an introvert.

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
I think another thing that hurt Badfinger besides being taken advantage of monetary wise I think they had to fight coming out from behind the Beatles shadow. I am sure a lot of would be fans either thought the Beatles were helping them along in their carriers which is partly true. But I think a lot of early would be fans perhaps looked at them as a Beatles knock off group. So they did not take them seriously.

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
That is what the Doors had going for them. Their sound was original. And distinctive.

Moonraker5

Tele-Meister
I think what this thread really points out is how many managers didn't think it was important to hire a " stylist " just show up to a photo shoot in whatever clothes you have and don't worry about shaving or grooming or considering it.

Excellent point.
It's good to see something excellent come out of something ugly.

thunderbyrd

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Well, speaking for my guys in the Sab, once upon a time looking like a cocker spaniel was the height of fashion.