Ugh..Amp shopping and not being able to demo them

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bluescube, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

It's hard for me to demo amps in a store, so I've been fortunate getting accurate reviews from several people I trust here. I'm batting 1.000 for satisfaction with amps that have been recommended, based on what kind of amp I was looking for.

2. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

I was demoing amps at the volume I play in my bedroom which is very low as compared to playing live at a bar. I think the TSA's half back cabinet and larger volume give more low end than your typical small open back combo too.

3. brenn

brenn Tele-Afflicted

If I had a $500 budget, I'd be taking it to Music Go Round or shops that deal in used stuff. I have found that when the local guitar center gets used stuff, it is priced cheap, but they don't have much variety and other Guitar centers price the same stuff through the roof.

4. Prairie Dawg

Prairie Dawg Tele-Meister

Nahhhhhh. No guts no glory.;) Mine's a Music Man 115 HD 130.

5. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

I think that's a reasonable way to demo. I was disappointed with my AC15 purchase until I got to play it in rehearsal with the band. Then, holy crap! It's a totally different amp at gigging volumes than attending blue at-home levels. That made a believer out of me. I can see how someone without the opportunity to run one that way would be let down.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.