1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

UFO - Rock Bottom

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by HotRodSteve, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Cadillac_Mike

Cadillac_Mike Tele-Meister

Been checking out UFO lately. Phil Mogg's voice is incredible. I actually like a lot of their later stuff after Michael left too. Damn, the solo on this though...

joe_cpwe, Tele-beeb and drlucky like this.
  2. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

It was pretty epic!

3. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

Before there were any other metal guitarists... Michael Schenker was somewhere in Europe riding a moped... he had already laid the foundation for all the others...

4. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Michael Schenker is one of the most melodic guitar soloists of all time, IMO. Really, really awesome playing. Unfortunately, in my opinion most of his projects did not feature great songwriting. OK songwriting at best,
    but not great. The reason we remember great players like Hendrix, Page, Richards, Billy Gibbons, etc, is that they play killer lines over killer songs. Schenker played killer lines and riffs over "meh" songs, mostly.
    Such a shame, really. It goes to show that the song is what matters the most, no matter how well you play.

Even as a 17 year old I could hear how most of the songs were pretty mediocre. For most of his tunes I was just tolerating the song and trying not to totally hate it until it got to the guitar solo.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.