Udemy Recording Class

Martin R

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Anybody know anything about this?
They're offering offering a Logic X course with 47 hours of video for $15.
I can make Logic work, just not very efficiently and maybe something like this could speed things up.

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Find out what the table of contents are,
then see if maybe you are not wasting
the money on topics you are already
familiar with. If it seems like it a bit
over your head, then by all means,
drop the 15 bucks and study study study!

Hope the videos are not from an outdated
version that is no longer supported.

Martin R

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Thanks. It's not so much the money, it's the time I'd invest. I'll probably buy it and put in a few hours...just looking to improve my workflow more than anything else.

woodman

Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed
Gold Supporter
Got a link? I might be interested. As I descend into advanced geezerhood, I need every workflow trick I can get!

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Thanks. It's not so much the money, it's the time I'd invest. I'll probably buy it and put in a few hours...just looking to improve my workflow more than anything else.

If a few hours of watching and making notes improves your workflow, that improvment is likely an ongoing thing. For me, that would answer the cost/value equation.

I've used Udemy extensively for project management course work to maintain my certification. Do your research on exactly what the course covers. The quality of instructors varies a lot, but you can usually get value equal to your investment of time and money.

matrix

Tele-Holic
Which instructor? I have worked with Udemy courses on Ableton and got a lot out of them. There are some very high value/low costs courses on Udemy.

Most have free samples and reviews that can help you work out if it might be worth your time.

loudboy

Tele-Holic
For $15, if you learn 2-3 things that save you time, or make your recordings better, it's a win.

The hard part would be sitting thru the 47 hours to find them. <g>