Two years cigarette-free today.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by StrangerNY, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Nice job! Congratulations, and keep it up!

I'll have 2 years tobacco-free myself in a few months, too.

nojazzhere and StrangerNY like this.
  2. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Quitting will buy You a whole lot more than a cup of coffee.
    You take Your former daily/weekly/monthly/annual Tabac Expenditure and You can parlay it into a Gretsch 6120TM and all other kinds of nice things because the logic of saving Your life says You can.

Congratulations!!!
    -stan

3fngrs and StrangerNY like this.
  3. Hear2learn

Hear2learn TDPRI Member

Outstanding!

StrangerNY likes this.
  4. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Congrats . I will someday too

StrangerNY likes this.
  5. mefgames

mefgames Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Good for you, carry on !!

6. JazzboxBlues

JazzboxBlues Tele-Afflicted

That’s awesome and keep it up. Your thread reminded me that I quit sometime in February 17 years ago. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done. Even though it’s been 17 years I wouldn’t even think about having a cigarette. I feel as if I might as well go buy a carton if I did have a cigarette. I won’t even touch a cigar. I don’t ever want to start smoking again. It’s a nasty habit that’s very addictive.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    nojazzhere and 3fngrs like this.
  7. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

That’s so great! Good for you man.

8. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Actually I quit smoking at 21 some 41 years ago. I just got lucky and was looking for a roommate in college. A friend said yes but you have to quit smoking. I said yes and did quit. In the following years I have had two partial cigarettes, bleh awful, and a few cigars probably around ten. I would consider myself a non smoker. Hang in there it gets better.

9. Ziggy587

Ziggy587 Tele-Meister

Congrats! Isn't it kind of surreal to think about how you use to smoke?

I will be 2 years and ex-smoker this summer. I quit in the middle of a work day, cold turkey, just like that. I wish I could say I was that awesome, but I never would have been able to quit at all if it wasn't for this book...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EVMK0H0/?tag=tdpri-20

This isn't a plug, and I don't mean to preach, but I whole-heartedly recommend this book to anyone who wants to quit smoking. I was a pack a day smoker for years, and the last year I was smoking more than a pack a day. Every time I took a smoke break it was at least 2 cigarettes, if not more. Sometimes 3-5 in a row. Or, if I were on the phone or something, I would accidentally smoke almost an entire pack! I don't know if I would have been able to quit without help. This book was written by a former smoker. There's no tricks, no gimmicks. You can even keep smoking as you read the book (which is what I did). The book just helps you get the facts straight in your head, then quitting is simple and easy.

Sounds like a load, right? Someone bought me this book, I read the title and scoffed. "Oh, the EASY way to quit smoking? Riiiiight." But, it works!

A lot of smokers are afraid to quit because they think they'll miss out on this or that, or some things wont be as enjoyable without cigarettes. I use to think the same way, but I promise you it isn't true. It took me months before I got myself to read it. I figured I would read it after my brother's engagement party. How could I enjoy such a social event without being able to smoke? That's what I thought. After I quit, I realized how wrong I was. You'll only enjoy those social events even more as a nonsmoker! The hardest part about being around smokers will be the smell, not the urge to smoke.

nojazzhere likes this.
  10. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

Congrats on being smoke free. Now find a way to get the misses to quit. You both will be happier & healthier

I tried to get my better half to quit for the last 25 years. It took the death of her son & sister plus her COPD to finally give it up. Constant wheezing, inability to do a lot of stuff, & tiredness are her daily companions

nojazzhere likes this.
  11. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

TeleBeeb has been free of Salem 100’s since fall 1981.
    It can be done.

nojazzhere likes this.
  12. harleytech

harleytech TDPRI Member

A little over a month Smoke free for me...

nojazzhere likes this.
  13. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

:D Let me know where the line forms. I quit 22 years ago and never even got a camp site in Tahoe! (Have visited Tahoe area twice. God's country up there. Just like the Ponderosa on Bonanza.)

nojazzhere likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.