1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Two TDPRIers come into a bar ...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Obsessed, Dec 4, 2020.

1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

@bigbean, @Jakedog, @bigbend,@harleycarly, @leongrizzard, @chris s, and @E5RSY, are all real.
    I’ve met, or done gigs with em’!

24 track, Obsessed, blowtorch and 3 others like this.
  2. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

Awfully suspicious that somebody who isn’t real would assure us that other non-real people are real. Isn’t that exactly what a non-real person would do?

3. bigbean

bigbean Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Way to freakin real here! Plus my hands are cold from putting up Christmas decorations.

Jakedog and brookdalebill like this.
  4. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

ExACTLY o_O;):)

Jakedog likes this.
  5. bigbean

bigbean Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

In the case of Brookdale Bill and me it's:

Two TDPRiers go into a bar. The hosting one is nice enough to put the visiting one on the guest list. The visiting one gets to hear the hosting one play with his Friday night band and also gets to hear Dennis Quaid play some Jerry Lee with the band. A nice time was had by all.

brookdalebill, Jakedog and Obsessed like this.
  6. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Actually, I look at getting banned from this forum as something that has to happen occasionally, the cost of getting my point across. Sort of like how large industrial corporations that sit next to a river can keep polluting that river, because to them the fine is just an annual expense, they just pay the fine and keep on doing it. If something has to be said, I'll say it, pay the price, and come back - but I regulate myself so it does it happen too often.

7. superjam144

superjam144 Tele-Afflicted

Yeah man. You gotta have a little fun. I like to head over to the Gibson bashing threads and let out my rage... I keep people thinking I hate Gibsons even though I've never played one. It's a tele forum, there must be a line somewhere here, and by God I'll guard it. :p

I had a horribly entertaining thought the other day. I would never actually do this, because mostly of IP information. But imagine making a fake account of some old telecaster player, with a fake name, fake location, fake background. A character per se. And legitimately making people think you are this person. Play a cranky old man fist, yelling at clouds, and just live it up, and troll certain threads...

I even found the perfect picture for the account.

unnamed.jpg

Man that would take like 2 years of dedication to pull off, it might be worth the entertainment, but it wouldn't be easy to do, and it would take so much time...

Just a weird thought. :lol:

Broadway's dark tonight
    A little bit weaker than you used to be
    Broadway's dark tonight
    See the young man sitting in the old man's bar
    Waiting for his turn to die

AlbertoMilanese likes this.
  8. WalthamMoosical

WalthamMoosical Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Well I kinda thought that was the norm here. You don't really think I play a Strat, do you?

superjam144 likes this.
  9. superjam144

superjam144 Tele-Afflicted

hahaha

10. titan uranus

titan uranus Tele-Holic

I'd be delighted to sit down with about 99% of the people on this board, but I'd LOVE to sit across from John Backlund with my mouth shut and just watch him draw whatever comes to his mind.

Obsessed likes this.
  11. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

For sure, but I would have to glance outside of the bar to see which motorcycle he rode in on too.

gregulator450 likes this.
  12. WingedWords

WingedWords Friend of Leo's

I'll send my son up from Glasgow. Be warned - he's a drummer.

Obsessed and Flaneur like this.
  13. edvard

edvard Tele-Afflicted

I'd like to be a fly on the wall while @robrob and @muchxs design a new amp. :cool:

14. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

This is the only forum I'm on from which I've never met anyone in person.

24 track likes this.
  15. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

I struggle with the 24h clock. Does that mean drink served from 85 minutes past 3?

I often wondered what it would be like to meet the people on here. Lots of talk of pickup trucks and hvac units/how nothing has been any good since the 1950s

I have a background working in law and a lot of people find me haughty and don't get the joke. I can imagine being unpopular, but it would be funny to meet people and see their webbed feet etc

Obsessed, 24 track and robrob like this.
  16. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

Aye, I've spent plenty of time in Court, too.....

I'll drink with anyone. :lol:

Obsessed and 24 track like this.
  17. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Tennis player, are you?

Obsessed and 24 track like this.
  18. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

A gentleman from the British Isle once told me that "Americans must chill their beer, so they can tell it from their piss"

Obsessed likes this.
  19. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Well, on a similar subject, I did some internet reconnaissance on my wife's ex-husband by pretending to be somebody else. He had a profile on either "Hot or Not" or "Rate my Body", so I got a new fake email address, grabbed a photo of some random hot chick, and started writing to him as this fictitious woman. I even wrote some terrible poetry to him, that was borderline sexual but not over the top. Just enough to be alluring... Eventually, he told me everything, including where he was working. This was important, because there was a woman who we knew who he had a falling out with (not my wife) and he kept calling her against a protective order. She kept changing her number, and he somehow kept finding out what it was. Turns out, he worked at Sprint as a temp employee, and found her number through the customer records. I told that woman, and she got him fired, called the cops, and the temp agency got in trouble for not doing a thorough background criminal check, which would have turned up a lot of interesting things if the had bothered doing it....

superjam144 likes this.
  20. titan uranus

titan uranus Tele-Holic

I have a bit of background in that area as well. I was the guy who bought in your customers/clients/victims/dindunuffins.

I think I put a few attorney's kids through college when I worked the traffic division.

Obsessed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.