Two Stones Later

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Chief101, May 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Chief101

Chief101 Tele-Meister

Im up at 01:00 hrs because I can’t sleep. Had two kidney stones removed from my otherwise healthy ureters today (yesterday afternoon) - one each side. If you don’t know how this works I’ll leave it to your imagination. Only needed one stint, which beats two. I’d show you the string they plan to pull the stint out with in a few days but there is a certain decorum here. Been having kidney stones like clockwork for 30 years and “passed” every one of them - until today.

At this moment the cure doesn’t seem better than the condition. Uncomfortable enough to keep me awake while properly using appropriate pain meds. Perhaps tomorrow (today) will be better. Hope your Thursday was better than mine. TGIF

Mad Kiwi likes this.
  2. Scooter91

Scooter91 Tele-Holic

Hang in there, guy. Hopefully it's a short term bother. "This too shall pass."

Chief101 likes this.
  3. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Prayers.

Chief101 likes this.
  4. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Chief101 likes this.
  5. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Chief101 and Wally like this.
  6. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I've had kidney stones twice. First one passed on its own and the second one (actually a cluster of 20 or more) did not so I got the "Fantastic Voyage" remote laser treatment. I'd have to say they did a poor job of preparing me for what living with that ureter stent was going to be like. I think my kids thought I was dying every time I had to take a l**k. I was pretty much on painkillers around the clock for that week. Getting the thing pulled out was nothing in comparison although not something I'd do for fun.

In both cases my stones appeared a few months after getting really dehydrated on a bike ride or hike. I try to drink a fair amount of lemon juice on a regular basis in any case.

I wish you a speedy recovery!!!!

Chief101 likes this.
  7. Slap Axe

Slap Axe Tele-Meister

I’m a stoner too.:D My body likes to produce them and I’ve passed a lot over the years. Knock on wood, I only seem to have a problem, as in pain associated with one, every 7 years or so.

I’ve had lithotripsy twice, where they bust them up with sound waves, and I used to take medication to prevent them from forming. I hated taking the huge potassium pills, they were expensive, and I was having some side effects so I quit the meds years ago. I’ve come to live with the fact that I have them and will occasionally pass one. Sounds like your situation is a little more more serious with them not passing and getting stuck. That gives me the willys. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Chief101 likes this.
  8. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I've had 2 back surgeries...last time for 3 herniated discs. Painfully isn't the word for it.
    I have friends and family who've had kidney stones...I think I'd rather have the herniated discs.

I hope you feel better soon!

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I watched my dad going through the ordeal when he was in his late 50s. He looked older then while in the hospital than he does at age 90 today. No more stones for him since.

10. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Rest … and feel better soon .

11. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Hope you feel better. we are rooting for you!

12. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    They are horrible.

Three times for me

indescribable pain

Really

13. Minivan Megafun

Minivan Megafun Tele-Holic

I've had them too. When I was 22 I had to have one removed from my ureter. They went in with a laparoscope through the "front door" if you catch my meaning.

A stone is the most horrifying pain that I can even imagine.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

14. Modman68

Modman68 Tele-Holic

I had to have mine removed via the uriter as well. I was told I should be able to function normally with the stent after a day and they’d remove it in a week.....

Oh my we’re they wrong.

Horrible pain any time my torso was bent. Regardless of the pain meds used. I finally got permission to pull it myself 3days early since there was no blood.

Removal is not so bad as you would think. It IS a very strange feeling... an uncomfortable tickle.

[​IMG]

If you do remove it (get docs input) do it in the shower. There will be a point where there will be unrestricted flow and you want to avoid the mess.

Stay strong... you will be back at shortly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. bigbean

bigbean Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Best wishes for a fast recovery.

I had a couple of them that passed after some agony. Then I had one that could only get as far as my bladder. After it was removed (nobody I want to know's idea of a good time) I asked to have it analysed and it was 100% calcium.

No more Ben and Jerry's in the evenings and for twenty years, no more kidney stones.

16. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

Never, fortunately, had them but I know several folks that have had them. nothing I want to ever experience

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.