1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Two questions about the finish on the new American Original '50s Telecaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 66Satellite, Jan 27, 2018.

1. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

Yup the process is one thing but I'd add the color as a step back. 2012 finally corrected the 1982-2011 butterscotch. These American Originals appear to be the old pumpkin butterscotch.

aland1505 likes this.
  2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Good point - as I don't care for the AV '52s neck shape (or the AV '56 Strat for that matter) I didn't really pay attention that the color appears to be back to the pre-August 2012 color. I kind of immediately discounted the AO '50s models and have only really been looking at the '60s modes.

3. 66Satellite

66Satellite Tele-Holic

Ok finally saw one in person, and basically side by side with a Butterscotch Blonde American Professional. The American Original 50s Tele looked way more orange and way more fake than the Butterscotch Blonde American Professional. Didn't really like the looks of either. Oh well. I guess I just saved $1,800.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.