Two Prong Footswitch On 74 Twin

JBryantfan

TDPRI Member
My reverb stopped working on my 74 silverface Twin. I have a 2 prong foot switch
and when the reverb and vibrato are plugged in the vibrato does work. I tried to
put the vibrato channel cable into the reverb channel but it still wouldn't work.
Are these 2 switches interchangeable or does reverb work only for reverb and vibrato
for vibrato? Would like to know instead of sending away for a new 2 prong cable and assuming
there is a problem with the foo tswitch itself instead of the reverb unit itself.
Should the vibrato cable have worked in the reverb? This a picture of the cable.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KZJB8/?tag=tdpri-20

corliss1

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The switches are physically interchangeable but there's two things worth noting:

-the shielded connection needs to be on the reverb side or else the amp will be noisy
and
-you don't need the footswitch for the reverb to work, so something else is happening with the amp.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
The switches are physically interchangeable but there's two things worth noting:

-the shielded connection needs to be on the reverb side or else the amp will be noisy
and
-you don't need the footswitch for the reverb to work, so something else is happening with the amp.

Have the later ones got a stereo jack to operate both ?

JBryantfan

TDPRI Member

and
Thanks. I didn't know it should work without it. I will have it serviced.
Wanted to save the trouble of buying/trying a new switch.
I tried the tubes and connections so it must be in the reverb tank
which I believe a pro needs to look at.

corliss1

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The reissue amps do use a 1/4" stereo jack for the switching, but they still make the old-style footswitches.