Two Notes Torpedo CAB and EarthQuaker devices Acapulco Gold

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Today is Two notes /acapulco gold try out day , I am running the rack through the
Channel Waves Scheps OmniPlug-in a plug-in well worth the candle. Having the presets here s like having an engineer that within broad limits really knows about sculpting sound
Everything: Drums, Bass, Guitar, Synth, Voice Strings Percussion, that I've tried has been spot on.
Dialed in quickly a piece of blister your paint by the pound pound , great bottom, as in DOES IT CHUG?
Oh Yeah! Thick beefy saroidal Hubba Hubba Ew-La-La
I like the combination of the three
Better,.jpg

Doomguy

Tele-Holic
The Acapulco Gold is one of the heaviest, gnarliest fuzzes I've heard, bar none. Especially for that droney, more sustain oriented stuff. Doesn't exactly fit my needs but I still kind of want one? It might just be my general fixation for fuzzes though, who knows.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
The Acapulco Gold is one of the heaviest, gnarliest fuzzes I've heard, bar none. Especially for that droney, more sustain oriented stuff. Doesn't exactly fit my needs but I still kind of want one? It might just be my general fixation for fuzzes though, who knows.
I gotta say this lil' bugger is really sweet. The Two Note Torpedo CAB M+ using the #5 preset with the Waves Scheps Omni Plug-in using the Throaty Guitar preset
Punchy yet clear might be a good way of describing the recorded sound. The mids and highs a very clear even thou the bottom end is 4 X 12 big cab sounding, I can almost feel my swirly paisley bell bottoms rippling in time to the beat from the speaker cabinet.
It could happen....🙄
Way back when skratchy edgey fuzz tone, ala Blue Cheer and the Seeds spruced up their sound with fuzz I just got irritated.
So I'm not really a fan of old school fuzz applications of fuzz.
distortion is way o.k. in my thesaurus of sound.
I like noise , lots of noise but a constant sine way leaves me with my head in a flight bag. I like a certain amount of bloom. ADSR envelope can applied to a Voltage controlled filter or a wave form, and can certainly can breath life into a sound.
Any way I like the variations that I can get using this combination of these devices.
Tomorrow I intend to Plugin my Epiphone Modern Les Paul and see what the big boy can do. I'm new to this instrument having kind ignored it out of being lazy and not wanting to work to adjust with the longer scale, and staying of my lap steel length guitar , and lap steel got the best of me. But , time for a change. I have switched to open "G" and I like the tones that I' m getting from the Uberschall and the ACAPULCO GOLD.

Listening tonight's recording I like the way the sound changes as the note sustains
The difference between the immediate attack decay and sustain. The note are not static in worse way some poorly programed synths are.

rat  bike 123.jpg

Last edited: