1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

two mim telecasters i bought today

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by brock532, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Kennedycaster

Kennedycaster Tele-Afflicted

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. Then you'll have two genuine MIM Fenders. A Tele & a Strat, the best of both worlds. Do it. You won't regret it.

Bob

2. brock532

brock532 TDPRI Member

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

3. brock532

brock532 TDPRI Member

fender guitars 7.16.12 001.JPG

fender guitars 7.16.12 002.JPG

fender guitars 7.16.12 003.JPG

4. Commodore 64

Commodore 64 Friend of Leo's

I wouldn't. But then I prefer the vintage fretwire on the MN guitars. So I'd trade the MZ tele for that Strat in a heartbeat, tho.

5. tpaul

tpaul Poster Extraordinaire

Brock532,

This is really up to you. There is no right answer. Nobody is going to be able to give you a definitive answer. If you were asking whether you should trade a Squier Affinity for a vintage MIA tele, then yes, there might be a case to be made that one has quite a lot more value than the other, and therefore a trade would make sense. But in this case, it just comes down to what your hands, ears and gut tell you.

6. brock532

brock532 TDPRI Member

Can anyone tell what kind of wood the amber tele is? The body of the guitar has a sweet almost honey type smell. Dont know if that helps haha i know its weird.

ForumRunner_20120718_201308.jpg

ForumRunner_20120718_201402.jpg

ForumRunner_20120718_201447.jpg

7. brock532

brock532 TDPRI Member

No one?

8. OzShadow

OzShadow Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I would guess alder or poplar. Pics are not that clear. I'm leaning towards poplar with the streaking. The sweet smell is probably polish/finish.

9. LOTF

LOTF Tele-Meister

Keep 'em both -- UNLESS you don't yet have an amp. If that's the case, decide which Tele you like the best, sell the other one and use the money to help finance an amp. Trust me, you'll get a lot farther with one Tele and a decent amp than with two Teles and no amp. Plus, your wife can't really object to you getting an amp if you're learning to play electric guitar.

For the $250-$300 you'll get for the one you sell, you'll have a wide variety of amps to choose from. My personal choice would be a Fender or Vox tube combo. A 5-watt class A amp like a Fender Champion 600 or Vox AC-4 is a great beginner and home practice amp. You'll get real tube tone and at a volume level that won't have the missus telling you either your rig or she is going permanently bye-bye. But there is a wide variety of both tube and solid-state units, new and used, at that price point so check out several and buy the one you like best.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.