1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Twin Reverb too uncontrolable for home use?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Duffy, Apr 7, 2014.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

"Feedback from those that use the Twin Reverb at home is appreciated. There is no substitute for experience. Feedback with those with actual experience is most appreciated, but any theoretical opinions are alright too." OP

I'm cool... I live on my own...the first day I had my super 210 here..I cranked up to picture/cutlery rattling loud.... hardly half way....

later that day I was talking to my neighbour down at the mailbox ... Have you heard my new amp, mate.. I've been cranking it up?..

. errr, no.. not really... do you play a guitar?... I'm hopeless on those things...

sweet.... went back upstairs and dialed it up a bit and plugged a few 12" bins into it....

"Home" is relative, I guess... as far as what amp is appropriate...;)

2. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

One of the best things about my Twin is that it sounds superb at any volume. In fact, if you check the Jazz Forums, you'll find that they are considered to be bread and butter amps by many Jazz musicians who routinely play small intimate venues. Does it have more power and volume than they need? Yes. Does it produce incredible tone at low volume levels? Absolutely.

3. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

I bought my Twin Reverb specifically to use at home, in full knowledge of all the arguments against it. The Twin sounds marvellous at my usual low volume and downright unbelievable on the rare occasions when I dial it up. If that's what you're looking for, then you'll find a way to deal with all the other issues people raise about these amps.

4. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

The best thing about using a Twin just at home is...ya don't have to lug it to a gig!

Actually, I've had a SFTR, SFDSR (Showman), MM HD130-212 and all sounded GREAT at low volume. Hard to crank them anyway and still tell what's going on if yer in the same house.

5. telerocker1988

telerocker1988 Tele-Afflicted

I love my TRRI at home OR live.

I use a clean amp + distortion/overdrive pedal setup though so it's not as if the amp will be anywhere near broken up...

It was my first really good tube amp. Been with me for several years now.

6. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Blasphemy ! :!:

7. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Actually, I think it was you who (figuratively) sold me the thing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.