1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tweed Pedalboard

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Chud, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

This is really giving me GAS right now. I’ve been wanting to get something bigger than the Holeyboard for a bit now, and may spring for it with the Black Friday discounts they have right now.

F3DEF46D-9865-4A9B-AB20-BDBD2A03440E.jpeg D3565442-19AA-4604-8A82-32B87AE7A715.jpeg

Probably not the roadworn tweed, just regular brown lacquered. The triple output would allow me to do a three amp set up with one coming off the ABY pre-Leslie pedal, and the other going to the Leslie with stereo out. Yuge!!!

2. Treynor

Treynor Tele-Holic

That is cool!

3. donrichfan

donrichfan Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Damn, Chud!

4. Rufus

Rufus Tele-Afflicted

I bought their electronics and am making a board myself.

West Coast Pedalboards definitely has some very nice boards.

Chud likes this.
  5. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The tweed finish is an attractive change of pace from black rattle-can over scrap-wood or frayed carpeting.
    I like it. :cool:
    Peace - Deeve

emisilly likes this.
  6. Chud

And great customer service too. I sent an email through their site at 8pm est today (Sunday) asking a question, got a response two minutes later, and I’ve been in back and forth conversation with Spencer about mods and options ever since. Lol

Rufus likes this.
  7. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Sweet. That would match up with my tweed pedalboard:;) IMG_2987.JPG

emisilly likes this.
  8. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

I see a project in my future...

9. David C

David C TDPRI Member

What a fantastic look. I love that Tweed. Hard to understand why black tolex took over from that great looking fabric. Other than it costing less, maybe being a little bit more durable, and suiting the times better. But that board looks great, simply great.

10. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

I like that it has a power switch, light and integrated cord as well as a matching case cover. If it came with a built-in power supply and surge suppressor it would tick all the wish-list boxes.

Chud likes this.
  11. Chud

They offer Strymon power supplies installed if needed.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  12. Chud

I pulled the trigger today on a 28x13 with amber lacquered tweed and fx send/return jacks that I’ll use for a wet/dry 3 amp setup. They have about a 8-9 week backlog so I probably won’t have it until January, but it will be a nice post Christmas Christmas present for myself.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  13. jayhawknavy02

jayhawknavy02 TDPRI Member

Most boards I think....meh....I can make it myself, probably better and with the features I want. This is the exception, they're really a terrific looking board and match my Fender so there is that. I'm trying to be strong.

Chud likes this.
  14. Chud

I went through a few stages of project thinking when I was first considering upgrading my board. The first was building my own, which would come out ok as my projects tend to. But then I remember how much of a PITA it is to drag out all of the saws and tables and tools from my NYC basement in late, rainy fall, and I’m like “eh, maybe not.”

The second was to do a nice cutting board based pedalboard, which I’ve seen some nice examples of. Whenever the wife would drag me to Home Goods I’d take a look at what they had in stock, and there was just never anything that really struck me.

I did find a few decent but fairly basic pedalboard setups on reverb that would have been a lot cheaper, but they were all kind of meh...

The WCPB hit me from the first time I pulled up the page, and it was really just a matter of time until I succumbed. :lol:

jayhawknavy02 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.